Monday, March 3, 2014

Shopping and spending

What an excuse to go shopping....whose in. ME ME ME ME.
 
Friday evening I stopped after work at World Market.  Somehow it slipped my mind that this week (tomorrow) is Mardi Gras, which in turn means FAT Tuesday! Picked up a couple things from there for Fat Tuesday. 
World Market is so my jam.  I love the crazy amount of stuff that they have that I never knew I needed.  Seriously, check out these lights.
    Capiz Lantern                              Capiz Lotus Lantern
One of these wants to go into our fourth bedroom.  And then I found this little journal.  
 
 
Another thing that I think I may just need to get.  Since the little Arizona trip, I have been completely crushing on everything related to travel and itching to leave again. 
 
Since the Forest did not manage to get some running shoes with his father, it was up to mom to ensure he would be more diligent next time with his dad.  How is this done?  Simple make him go shopping with the mom who really wants to go to the mall.  Aparently though so did a whole bunch of others on Saturday.  The mall was packed.  What else are you suppose to do on a frigid Saturday in Wisconsin.
 
And I discovered Forever 21....seriously all of this stuff for like $35.
A skirt, two tanks, a sweater, and some jewelery.
All those spring colors think I am hoping for a warm up.  What do you think how are those combat boots with the skirt...trendy.

And my shoe obsessed teenage BOY, found his running shoes.   Moved away from the flourscent colors to this blue.  And then he had to get socks to match the shoes of course.

I also was able to go to the Pandora store and score a bead to represent my first traveling experience all alone.  Hey it deserved a charm.  And after I sent my hubbie the oogle list, he informed I needed to get out of the store.

And this is the equal of a jewelery or clothing store for my teenage boy.  When we walk in here, I just sit down and wait...and wait....and wait.  There was also a trip to Sephora and Lush.  That little endeavor will be showcased tomorrow when we talk beauty.
 
And of course we lunched.  The Cheesecake Factory.  Yep a picture in picture moment.  Yes he knew and yes he was refusing to look at me.  Stubborn little terd.
 
Sunday was a normal day in the sack.  Groceries, wash, cleaning.  One last thing from the weekend (which I discovered this morning), the oscars were on last night.  Since I watch a super small amount of tv, I really only knew this from my pinterest feed this morning and Instyle gracing me with all the red carpet pictures.  Which I generally just scroll thru rather quickly until this one....
Kate Hudson, Oscars 2014
Out of every single picture....Kate Hudson nailed it.  Absolutely stunning. Sexy yet classy. Beautiful. Now that will be the most you will hear from me about the Oscars.
 
And that brings right up here to Monday.  Where I am going to continue my shopping possibly and think about spring organizing.  Maybe if I go thru the motions Spring will come. 
 
Enjoy the week lovelies.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment