Monday, March 31, 2014

Yep, It's Monday

On more day, one more day, one more day. And nothing.  Monday has still arrived.  Which would lead to the story of the weekend.

My Forest ended up going to orientation for his very first job on Friday.  Which led him to working on Saturday morning right away.  So exciting that they have him working already.  Needless to say though that tossed a ratchet in the master plan. It did end up leading to some free time in my world, which progressed to a moment of: "Hey I have this fantastic idea." And boom we have a chalkboard wall in the house.  Yes, it went from fantastic idea to chalkboard wall.  Watch for more on this. 

Saturday evening it was time for a night out.   Horicon Phoenix group was doing a spelling bee at the local tavern. Yes, you heard that correct.  Spelling and a tavern all in one sentence, you know that was awesome.  More on the details of that portion of the evening in a later post, where I will be starting a little thing called "Town Talk".  Yay.  Love new ideas.  Anyways, dinner at the tavern, spellling bee, and watching my Wisconsin Badgers make their way to the final four.





If you are watching a basketball game, I highly recommend doing it at the bar.  Why? The atmosphere all the way.  Add in the fact that the hubbie and I decided we were going to do a shot everytime the Badgers made a three pointer making it extra awesome.  Thankfully though that was not too many.  Sometimes a person just forgets how old they really are getting.  It has been many many moons since we have gone out and it was much needed.  We played some pool.  The hubbie had the nice remainder that I know I suck at pool and will lose, so I might as well cheat a little bit.   Plus we even got some darts in. 

After that much of an exciting evening, you know that Sunday was like a nightmare that wouldn't end.  I managed to plan my month of menus, which I will be redoing since I determined that I was in no frame of mind to be doing that, and get the rest of the house stuff done type of day.  It was pretty nice in Wiscosnin like 50. We even managed to get outside a little bit for the infamous winter thaw stick and poop pick up.  And I discovered that some of my flowers are actually coming up.

Did a test run in the hammock....think it is working just fun and winter wasn't to harsh on it.

Plus we grilled!!


On top of all that it is picture link up time too with Kelli over at She Crab Soup.  Since everyone needs balance we will go with something healthy and a glorious bar burger.
 
 Tomorrow it's going to be a huge day over here. 

As in I will starting the #1800minutechallenge with Erin from Living in Yellow, Alissa from Alissa Circle, Emily from The Freckled Fox, and Alycia from Crowley Party.
 



plus the April Wallet Watch with Steph over at Life According to Steph.  
Life According to Steph
 
And most importantly it is the start of the GIVEAWAY.

Stop back tomorrow for more info.   Happy Baseball opening Day!!  And 60 degrees for Wisconsin!  Whoot!


1 comment:

  1. I love your food pictures, they make me hungry!! I wish I could meal plan for even a week, I'm horrible at meals in general.

    ReplyDelete