Friday, February 28, 2014

Five on Friday plus One

Can I get a heck yeah for Friday this week.   Holy banana fudgesicles, it seems like it has been a long one.  Come hell or high water, this girl is sleeping in tomorrow.

Let's see what was up in the sack this week.

1.  Buzzfeed.   Now how have I not known about this.  Seriously why do something productive with my time when I can take stupid quizzes.  Like just now I learned, after work today I will need a glass of scotch.
A glass...not a few just a glass. Since the next quiz I took informed me I would only have a light hangover tomorrow.   
 
2. Guidance.  Since everyone (boys) needs some guidance every now and again (as you can tell from number 1).   This article from the Huffington Post.  Seriously everyone can you say spot on:  How to Lose the Woman you love...for good


3. Post office time.  This week I also got to mail out my local box swap to my awesome, super sweet partner in Florida, Miranda.  You can check out here blog here: Miranda Writes.  While doing that I also discovered....
Oh yeah those are Harry Potter Stamps.  Harry Potter nerd here. Now I am left with the decision of trying to decide if I can even put them on an envelope or if I suddenly want to become a stamp collector.

4. Contemplating...The Whitney English Planner.  I have been hearing so much about this.  Is it worth?  Please if you own it and I need to (fall in love with it), let me know.  Otherwise I have seen: The simplified Planner and the Erin Condren Planner.   Any insight on any of these would be much appreciated.


5.  Pottie Time.   The little brother has been working with those super cute nephews of mine on pottie training.  Our little super Cooper is doing fairly well.  Morgie Moo...not so much.   The daycare has progressed to putting "big boy" underwear on Cooper.  Well on Wednesday due to a lack of diapers, the Moo ended up in big boy undies too. 

On that day Auntie Dawn just happened to pick up a couple of matchbox semis for my adorable nephews.  If I haven't mentioned, they are obsessed with the movie "Cars".  They really wanted semis like in the movie.  The little bro and I used that oppurtunity to work on a little bribery.  Go on the pottie get a peterbilt.  Now what boy could pass that up....to our surprise neither of them.  Morgie Moo has been the king of stubborn when it came to peeing on the pottie.  It took the promise of the Peterbilt for him to go on the pottie for the first time for dad.
So those two boys walked away with a peterbilt for going on the pottie...and then they peed on my living room floor.  Yep, you heard that right.  We peed on the pottie, got a toy, and then peed the rest on the living room floor. Super Cooper even managed to explain how it was Bullet (the dog) who actually peed where he was standing. Nice cover, Coop.  Pottie training boys is priceless.

6.  Heartwarming.  If you have been around here long enough, you may have caught onto the fact that I love, love, love happy stories in the news.  You know the ones that make your heart melt with happiness.  It just happens I found one this week.....take a look at this lucky adorable puppie who brings joy to others.
 

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment