Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Humbled

Today across all of facebook world a wonderful organization, the Horicon Phoenix group, in my hometown mentioned the blog post that I wrote about my hometown, Horicon.  In this post I mentioned their organization and all the wonderful things they have been and continue doing for our community.

Here is the mentioned post:     Check out my Town
 
I was very humbled and completely taken back that they mentioned the blog. It's just little me out here in some random spot in the cyberworld talking about things that I love.  I have never stood on a soapbox and shouted about my blog for the world to hear.  Honestly there are very few people who actually know that I write a blog.  Sometimes us bloggers are strange like that…we put it all out there because we love to share, bring joy to others, encourage and help. When the light does shine down upon us we scurry back to our little shells blushing.  For now though, this girl will poke her head out of the safety of the shell, and say yes.  I am Dawn, I blog at Life in the Sack.  I write from the heart about things that I love in my life that makes it more interesting.  You never know what you will find maybe a crazy weekend, things that I love to use in my day to day, projects I am working, or just random snippets and thoughts of my life with my family.  Here I am world just me…hurry up though you have like a hot 2 seconds before I go back to the safety and security of the shell.

This lifestyle blog, what would it be and my life be like without their organization? Interesting thought, I would not have had the chance to blog about an awesome music fest, nor the labor day festivities they did for our community.  In the upcoming year I am already looking forward to checking out their first ever spelling bee, the farmers market with the bands, the music fest again, labor day festivities and any other awesome events that they conjure up for our community.  Where would the small towns be without organizations of caring people who want to bring the people of a town together.  For the Horicon Phoenix program and other organizations like them, I am grateful for what they do and bring to the communities.
Here is to looking forward to another awesome 2014 in our little town.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy how exciting!! I would be happy and nervous if a local group shouted all over FB about my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rocks! I'm so glad you got some recognition for a very well done post.

    ReplyDelete