Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Beauty Buzz - Weekend Haul

Time for the Tuesday beauty buzz.   Today I am just going to sit here and brag about my weekend haul.  I have been squirreling (yep it's a verb folks) away for the day when this little venture would come.

Let's just see what I got shall we....
First up Sephora
Body Butter: One of my main missions of this trip was body butter.  It has been so darn cold and dry here, I truly want to just lay in a vat of butter.  Since that is not an option figured I might as well get as close as I can get...hence body butter.  Went in with three in mind. Ended up coming home with the Bliss Lemon Sage Body Butter.  It smells refreshing and is perfect for the morning.  Plus it is not sticky at all.  And I got a sample of the Korres Body Butter in Basil Lemon.
 
Face Oil: Been patiently waiting to pick this face oil up.  Heard some great things about this.  In one of my past Sephora trips had a sample made to try out.  After the trial period, I was like yes definetly need this.  Boscia Tsubaki Beauty oil.  Not greasey and absorbs wonderfully into the skin.  Perfect for a day when you would like to use oil just not anything super thick.  I use my face oils in the evening.
 
Face Serum: Thought it was about due time that I added one of these in.  For some reason I am not getting any younger. After a little checking decided on Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel.  Reading the descriptions etc. it sounds like the holy grail of skincare serum.  It can handle everything from wrinkles to acne.  Will chime in on this more in another beauty buzz after some usage of it.
 
Blush:   Was looking to have my long time loved blush matched.  Sad to say (kind of) all the girls in the store loved the color but could not find a match to it.  Will have to continue to order that one online.  Knock on wood it will not be discontinued.  I was able to find a nice blush for summertime.  Smashbox Halo Long Wear Blush in Warm Glow
 
 Perfume:  Heard about this perfume and what a clean fresh scent it was.  Clean, fresh...sounds kind of like spring.  The perfume is: Clean Skin Perfume.   Lately I have been purchasing the roller balls.
 
Lipgloss:  Here was another instance where I had a color I loved and was looking for a match.  With lipgloss though I was looking for the closet possible match in a particular brand.  That brand would be Buxom.  I absolutely love their lipglosses.  The colors and the way it make my lips tingle.  So I ended up bringing Clair (Full on Lip Polish) home to grace my vanity.
 
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Peel: This was one of my point rewards for being a good shopper.  Honestly it freaks me out a little bit.  If anyone has any tips on how to use and when, please let me know.  It says nothing with alcohol on the package and most of my toners have that.  Argh.
 
Foundation:  Heard about Buxom coming out with a foundation and it was getting some pretty good reviews.  Since I have had more failures then I would like to count with foundation, brought home a sample of this: Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation.  Looking at this for a possible summer foundation alternative.
 
And next up was Lush.  Seriously people this whole bunny picture they have going on is one of my favorite things.

 
Dirty Springwash - Heard about this via youtube.  The minute I smelled this I was all in. A glorious refreshing spearmint smell.  Used it the shower Sunday morning...and loved.
 
Karma Kream - Brought home a sample if this before.  Got a you smell nice from the hubbie.  Which obviously means need to buy.  This lotion is the perfect consistency.  Not to thick and absorbs into your skin without leaving a stickiness behins.  And as I mentioned before, it smells nice.
 
Honey Trap Lip Balm - Heard good things about this.  My first initial thought was that the honey smell was kind of overpowering for me personally.  Putting it on it was smooth and creamy.  It just melts as you place it on your lips.  You are left with hint of a vanilla honey.
 
Cosmetic Warrior Facemask - This was the fresh face mask the sales associate recommended for my teenage son. From the website it states "soothing and deep cleansing blend for break out prone skin".  I am making a huge stride to get his face under control.  It says garlic. I can reassure anyone that there is no garlic smell to it at all. 
 
BB Seaweed Mask - This was my recommendation.  I used it for the first time last night.    My skin is very happy today.   My hubbie enjoyed the fact that I walked around the house with pieces of seaweed on my face too.  Looking at the description from the website I could best some it up as it is the holy grail of face masks.
 
Angels on Bare skin Cleanser - The sales associate recommended this after asking about my daily cleanser.  I use cetaphil.  She gave me a sample to bring home.  I used part of the sample the other day.  Jury is still out on it.  I love the way it smells.  What I can not get over right now is the cookie dough consistency and mixing it with a bit fo water in your palm before using.  We will see if it grows on me.
 
 And that was finally the end of my little weekend beauty haul.  Think there were a whole bunch of things I was able to check off my wishlist after that weekend.    How about you anything exciting that you have discovered lately or I might possibly need to add to my wishlist?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment