Thursday, March 13, 2014

Trailer Park Living

The first battle was getting there.  Then there were all the interesting places to see. So let me bring to you my couch surfing experience.   AKA Trailer Park Living. 
 
The whole trailer park living is crazy popular down in Yuma, AZ.  Have to say I was rather taken back my the number of RV/Trailer Campground there were.
As far as the eye could see...trailers.
Here was my little crash pad for the week.  Honestly one of my very first thoughts was were is the fire pit.   Here I am thinking I will be sitting outside in 60 degree weather enjoying a fire.  Guess they don't have those down there. Needless to say trailers really aren't that big.  Which means a lot of "community" space. 
This would be my dresser and vanity type area for the week. For a moment I felt bad about taking up the whole table until my mommie informed me that it meant she didn't have to cook and we could go out to eat.  Winning all around. Oh and I slept on the pullout couch.  Which means if someone is watching TV, you are not sleeping unless you can fall asleep with the TV on.  Not I.  Free boarding equals Dawn shutting up and not complaining.

You also have the "office" area which would really be the top of a dresser in my parents sleeping area.
And since there was no showering in the trailer you had to go to the community bathroom to shower. So my dollar shower caddy was the bomb.
Seriously if you are going somewhere in which you have to utilize a community bathroom, get one. It was also rather refershing that the showers here were not busy. 
Now what is one to do in the trailer park when they are not out galvanting around.
Everyday I am shuffling. Like 4 days a week. Shuffleboard.  This is a very serious sport in the trailer park.  To the point of me being to scared to take on the old folks.  Surprised they have not had an all out brawl over shuffleboard. 
 
In the mornings there was also an exercise class for the ladies.  Yes, just the ladies.  The men do not partcipate. As in the ladies did not partcipate in the men's early morning coffee. Except this girl who may or may not have made it a point to show up and pop my head in to the morning coffee sessions to rattle the men's cages a bit more than once. 
 
Now in the evenings they also had activities.  Such as Bingo.  Which I have discovered is also taken very seriously.
In their little bingo games you have to make certain patterns to get a bingo.  Say what?!?  This takes so much thinking.  After the first game in which I had way to much fun dabbing my little bingo doober every chance I got, my daddie "explained" that I should only stamp the squares that make the pattern.  Blah blah.  Was making those old folks nervous thinking that I was getting so many squares.  Have to be careful getting those heart rates to high there.
 
 Then they also jammed.  Kind of like rockstars.
 I give these people so much credit for standing up there singing and playing music. The number of musicians that would come to play for everyone was amazing. Was rather disappointed though that no one would get up there and shake a tail feather or something.  maybe again this ties back to elevated heart rates.
 
Last but not least my favorite trailer park puppy.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment