Friday, March 14, 2014

Flippin' Friday Already..whoot

Here we are another Friday upon us.  Let's take a look at what managed to happen or be discovered in the cul de sack this week.

1.  Spring Weather - On Monday it was a glorious, like 50 degrees.  The hubbie and I decided to bask in it by going for a glorious walk with the puppies.  With the temp being that high here, we actually had some snow melt.   Which meant, that much to my relief the fire pit is still standing in the backyad.  I thought it may have collapsed the snow was that deep.

2. Tuesday evening I finally got a moment to sit down and read my paper from last Thursday.

3.  Forest got a phone call back from one of his job interviews.  Pending his criminal background check.  You know this is imprtant with a 16 year old, especially mine who won't even drink soda since the cross country coach says it's bad for him. Hard core criminal right there. Anywho, he will soon be an associate at Shopko.  Way to go Forest!

4. My fitness is back on track for the week.  Got in a run.  Plus some upper and lower body work.

5. Road Trip - Yesterday I went on a roadtrip to attend a conference.  Now when taking a road trip a person must first have a car emergency kit...
Yep you are seeing this correctly.  That would be a small bottle of vodka (no idea how that got there), a diaper, and tums.  Interesting little combo we have going on there.  I will just let your mind wander on this one.  Imagination.

Next  perk of said road trip was Noodles & Company. Goodness am I thankful there is not one of these near where I live. Noodles are completely my jam.  After my conference I got in some shopping.  Needless to say I have one thing on the brain and it is called SPRING!!
Didn't come home with any of these.  Loved them so much had to capture them.  First is a dog bunny costume.  This of course would have been for the chiweenie.  Then there was the margarita body wash.  Holy bananas did that smell wonderful.  And then you have mint bodywash.  I am completely all over everything smelling fresh and spring like.  Key word there was fresh...not like the thawing out dog shit smell that will soon be wafting thru our backyard.  Since that is a smell which enjoys coming every spring.  We will focus on the lemony, minty, fresh smells. Moving on.
 
What I did end up coming home with.....

A whole bunch of spring like items for decorating the house and some new headphones.  I should be considered a headphone connoissuer with the number that I go thru.  These ones are splash proof.  Which would be important I guess when I toss water over my head while running. Rather amazed that would be a marketing statement. We shall see how long they last.
 
And last but definetly not least a moment from my car ride crazy:
me: Ihop
hubbie: Ihop?
me: Yeah ihop
hubbie: Ok. Ihop.
me: Do you skip and jump too
hubbie: I have no idea what is happening
me:
hubbie: You look beautiful
 
And that ended the crazy text conversation over a moment of me being excited when I passed an Ihop.  Later though there may have been a conversation on if Ihop gets any kick back from apple since they(Ihop) started the whole "I" thing.  Hubbie explained that the "I" stood for different meanings in those companies, which I understood. Still think that Ihop should give it a try. After all they were the original "I".
Goodness Ihop is awesome.
 


Guess that kind of crazy would explain the result on my one notable quiz from buzzfeed this week.  What fictional company should I work for:   Looney Tunes Acme Company
ACME-movie
Look at the type awesomeness that comes from there.


Random things from the internet this week.....drum roll please

1. Are you ready for the $455 jean shorts  - Serious.  Hate to inform them that they are not cool.  I have no more words for this.

2.  Mackelmore rapping about putting the toilet seat down on instagram. This is hilarious and awesome go check his instagram page out for the video.  (Sorry couldn't link and it hasn't made it to you tube yet)

3. The Most downloaded books in each state - Have you read the one for your state?  I personally have not, but now I have to put it on my must read list.  Crossing my fingers that it is good.

4. 29 Surreal Places In America you need to visit before you die - Let's just add this to yet another reason why I have to win the lottery since I have been to none of these and feel like I need to leave right now.

5.  The 1 Weirdest thing you never knew about your state - Saw this over at She Crab Soup and just had to check it out. I can say we stopped at a distillery in Kentucy and we have gone to the upside down White House attraction in Wisconsin Dells. 

6.  15 Underused Words to add to your Vocabulary - At some point I will have to make an attempt to use one of these words.  I can say number 10 - aubade : a love song sung at dawn - equals a bad decision. 

Since I seem to have spent the majority of my day out bopping around yesterday, let's back that ass with this one:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment