Monday, September 1, 2014

Marathon Monday

As we sit and enjoy the glorious day off, I feel like a lazy bum compared to everything that happened over the weekend.   Like the fact that I made my longest run ever, whoot! The rest of the story will be for me to tell tomorrow.

Let's get to why we are here...running and my marathon training.  I managed 21 miles this weekend.  Now let me also state it was on the treadmill.  Yes, on the treadmill again.   Weatherman kept rambling about thunderstorms in the morning, so instead of me risking tossing in the towels.  I ventured indoors.  Sadly this week, I did not have a movie that completely sucked me in and it was long.  Did watch "The Monuments Men". If you are into history world war II movies, then watch it.  True story and kind of interesting.  Yep aside from learning that my body will take the distance, I also fed my brain.

Exactly where I want to be in my training.

This would be my pre workout breakfast.  Plus there is an apple later.
 
Now that we got the super exciting treadmill, breakfast pictures out of the way.  How did the run go??  Ok.  A little bit of cramping in my calves and quite a bit of a mental game in the last few miles reminding myself that I could keep going.  This week there is not much more then that.  Next week is a lighter week and then I go back up to 20 miles again before I start to taper.  Race Day is getting closer and keeps getting more real.  Seriously I sometimes thing, I am going to run a marathon WTF.
 
Crazy...until next week
 

No comments:

Post a Comment