Friday, September 12, 2014

Cheers to Two Years

Holler, it is Friday.  Fall temperatures have graced our little state like nobodies business and Starbucks has their salted carmel mocha back.  Whoot. 

Seriously there is more to be exicited about in the little cul de sac, like that fact that tomorrow would be the hubbies and my two year wedding anniversary.  Of course that was your big lead up to today's post. 

First let's see how we celebrated and what we "gifted", since we already got that out of the way.  2nd year you are suppose to give the gift of cotton.  Now really what options are there for cotton...a nice t-shirt, some new socks...maybe underwear.  The later of the two are sure to please any hubbie.  We gifted each other t-shirts from the concert we went too.  Yeppers no better gift then one of an experience with a few tidbits thrown in.

Our Eatery - Everyone knows a girl has to eat..and maybe have a shot - Red Rock Saloon

People's personal Jack Daniels bottles are located above the bar.

 
Lynchburg lemonade and mac & cheese with BBQ, yes please.  There also was a mechanical bull there, but sadly I could not dump enough shots into the hubbie to talk him into trying that thing out.
 
Our Entertainment - Cage the Elephant and The Black Keys

These two bands were absolutely awesome and put on a great show.  My fave of the night though was definetly "Little Black Submarine" by The Black Keys.  Seriously love a good rock concert.   We watched white girls that can't dance and a couple that was way into this concert aka loved The Black Keys more then anyone in the room.  Hubbie was exposed to some new music, found a new band to enjoy and I danced my little bootie off.  Gifting experiences for the win.
 
Oh and speaking of the gifts...here is my gift:
Very artsy shirt from Cage the Elephant...I of course also got a very cool Black Keys shirt.
 
A glorious night with the man who tolerates my shit better then anyone I know...speaking of that, why not make the Friday Five - Five Reasons why I cannot divorce my hubbie and he is not allowed to divorce me either.
 
1. Lawn Mowing - Our lawn is large. He does it. I do not nor will I; that is until the zig zag pattern becomes trendy on lawns or I can say that talking someone into doing it for free is lawn mowing.
This would be a section of the yard and thankfully beyond the fire pit belongs to the school and they mow that bad boy.
 
2. Grilling - Yeah, yeah I know lay on the don't be sexist comments and say girls can grill, but it is so much better when he does. I do try to help by having a beverage with him while he grills...oh and I make the sides, which sometimes can be harder then grilling.
 
3. Boat Driver - This is important as my behind enjoys being on the water every chance I get.  This guarantees that when I decide to act like a whiney, temper tantrum throwing three year old because I want to go on the boat, he will go (after mass puppie dog eyes) and drive me to the sandbar. Yes, I can drive the boat, but I look like a drunk driver on the water, prefer not to back a darn thing either...and besides who wants to go on the boat alone.
 
4. Charlie - Our little fucktard.  See in all technicalities we got him together...but I always claim that he is his dog.  After all he does refer to him as the best dog ever.  Now in the situation of the said "D" word, he would get Charlie per my statements....with my luck he would not be able to have him whereever and then I still would end up with the little poop eater or maybe I would not.  Basically though one individual alone should not be stuck with this screwed up little fluffball of joy or fucktardness (yes, it is a word, I made it up)
I mean just look at that...Chuck.
 
5.  Headstrong Pain in the Ass - That is what I am on most days and there seriously is no one else in the world that can tolerate it, my crazy ideas, horrible morning breath, or weird little OCD type traits aka particularness....those reasons alone are why he has to be stuck with me for the rest of his life.
 
 
How is that for stepping out of the box for our little 2 year happy hooray. This is my way of saying I love you hubbie and here is to many more years of adventures and a crazy little life.
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment