Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August Favorites

My fingers slow as I typed the title of this post.  August favorites.  How cold this be?  Where has the summer gone?  The days were cooler then normal never truly feeling like we had a heat wave.  No ungodly temperature heat index warnings this summer.  Strange that in my rearview summer is slowly disappearing.  Fall is in the forecast just a little too soon.  Aaahhh for now let's just take a moment or five to remember the joys of August.

Moments....hey guess what? There are again way more then just one this month.
Dropping Forest off at his first summer camp in Lacrosse

Exploring the Backwaters of the Mississippi on the kayaks

Zoo A La Carte

Backpacking the Kettle Moraine

 Kayaking the Rock River (stay tuned for more on this adventure tomorrow)
Annual Cooking Competition (more on the blog tomorrow)


 
Music My jam - Calvin Harris Summer


Beauty Product - I am absolutely loving. ok maybe fascinated by the dry shampoo from Lush.  I love how cleanmy hairs feels after I use it.


Clothes - My Flip Flops. The brown ones in particluar.  I did not realize how much if a fave these were until I thought I lost them boating the other weekend.
 
Reading - My magazines and staying up to date

Watching - nada people it is summer

Food/Drink - Hello, the green goodness from the Iron Ridge firemens picnic.

Purchase -  Green Burrito wins hands down this month.  It tows the boat like no ones business and can haul a mass amount of people and all of our gear for the win.


Looking Forward too in next month...teenagers back to school , the Black Keys concert, my "babies" birthday, and whatever other adventures that fall into my lap.



No comments:

Post a Comment