Monday, September 8, 2014

Marathon Monday

Hello Monday.  Hopefully everyone survived the weekend.  This weekend in my little world of getting ready for conquering 26.2 was a step back week. Only 6 miles. Yay.  And yet I still got up at the same time.  Which truly was ok since it provided a nice reminder to me that I must wear my headlamp for early morning runs even when I was just running in the city.
Mile 2 looking out towards the country.  Pitch Black.
Mile 4 and watching the sun come up over the river...absolutely beautiful
And of course mile 6 found me at home with the puppies.
 
Now believe it or not I did learn something from this run, like do not go out for mexican the night before any run.   a) You have an unhappy tummie and b)  margartitas do not taste as good on the second day nor is it fun to smell like you are sweating tequila.
 
Of course, I already knew this from another time.  Guess I need an annual reminder or something.
 
Moving onto this week will be the 20 miler Saturday before the tamper.  Almost there..
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment