Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stand Up and Lead - Teenager Topic Thursday

As I venture thoughout the blog world, I have noticed that the portions I have visited never really mention or discuss life with teenagers.  This really just amazes me.  With our current world, there are so many ups-n-downs, challenges, and opportunities related to teenager life.  

With all of this being said, I felt that why not bring some light to the crazy world of teenagers from the eyes of a parent.  Had to put that whole parent thing in there since I know that I have at least one lovely teenager who reads the blog.  Check her out she is adorable...Hima. And I cannot wait to hear if she has some valuable input/reflection on any of these topics. Because I am definetly no teenager anymore (thank goodness). You know help us moms out, Hima.  And if I happen to get lucky, maybe one of my teenagers will take some time out to guest post.  Very large keyword, lucky. Let's begin.

First, my number one job as a parent is to raise children that I am confident will do good on their own in the world. Develop them into caring, responsible adults, teach them to make their own decisions, set/achieve goals, and how to reflect their opinions while showing respect and understanding to others.  Teach them responsiblity and compassion.   By no way do I want to continously chase my kids around taking care of all the worlds problems for them. 

It becomes a very great day and a reaffirmation that you are doing something right when you find out your teenager has been nominated to participate in a leadership program.

This young man has caring heart, great sportsmanship. Side story: Another proud mommie moment at a track meet when he was seriously racing a kid to the finish. He beat him. After the other kid came in he walked up to him shook his hand and said "great race."

My greatest frustration with him is that if he pushed himself more he would be even further ahead. But he loves where he is and does an amazing job where he is at.
I hope that this nomination to the leadership program will show him that others realize his potential and have as much confidence in him that I do.  That it teaches him to be an even better person as he progresses thru life.

Say What?!?  Sorry folks.  Appears to be rather difficult finding a normal picture of this one, the Forest.
 
 
Any ideas, comments, or suggestions for some teenager topics?  Please email me or leave a comment below.
 
 
 
ps...you can check out Hima here:
 
Hima Hearts


 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Dawn! I think you should definitely address time management. The truth is, I suck at it, just like almost every other teenager out there!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete