Monday, January 27, 2014

Getting in the Game

This weekend was all about getting ready and having a little fun.   You know getting in the game. 

Saturday was the first day of our long run half marathon path.  It has been so cold, windy here we had to stay indoors for the run.  Which meant treadmill time.  And my son loathes the treadmill.  Now this did mean that for second time and  quite possibly the last time in history, I beat him.  Yeah I know we weren't "racing", but whatever I am taking it.  A whole 10th of a mile.  Mommie prevails.

Earlier in the day my hubbie made the suggestion of going out to eat, awesome idea.  Since Forest and myself were going to be in the area already running, we decided to meet everyone else there. We may have broken (ok we totally did) our better eating habits.  Every once in a while though, you need too though.  You know a special occassion moment.  How the hubbie explains what is about to happen:
  
Yeppers that was completely it. And how we were feeling.  Seriously though who could pass this up...

And for the record, these are calorie heavy like about 400 calories,  Say What?!?! Worth it though at that moment.   My two fave little goobers also got there cocktail on with some root beer.
After dinner it was off to the upstairs game room.


I even got to get my skeeball on.  Plus attempt to teach the nephew the skill of skeeball.  Thankfully all the balls stayed on track and we didn't hit anyone in the head.  Love that game.
 
Sunday my numero uno priority was finishing my packing for Arizona.   Have I mentioned how much I am looking forward to seeing my mom and dad plus the warmer weather. 
 
 Of course I am going to miss all my boys, so I thought I would pick the littlest ones and see if I could sneak them along.
Sad to say they didn't fit in the carry on.  TSA kind fo frowns upon putting them in a checked bag.  Guess they have to stay home this time. 
 
 
 
That was pretty much our glorious little weekend in the sack.   Now on to attempting to stay warm over the next few days.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment