Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday morning Gossip

And poof just like that we have another weekend gone.  My reflection on this last weekend is kind of a what the heck did I do with my time again?!?   Let's just try and figure it out.

Friday Evening - Parents Night at Basketball
  It was an amazing game.   My son's school is so small they really only have two teams. Varsity and JV.   The other school that they were playing had three teams.  So the coaches split the JV.  What did that result in....5 boys playing an entire game.  The whole game no subs just them.  It took until the fourth quarter for those boys to get tired, slightly sloppie, and feisty.  Those 5 boys gave it there all to bring home the win.
 
What to do at halftime when you are bored......
Practice your fish face
Remind your husband why he loves you sooo much.
 
Now parents night means that hell freezes over for a moment and your child gives you a flower for being such a good parent.
 
And now some moments from the game



Yep, I am alum aka marshlady. Messing around in the hallway while waiting for the forest.


Saturday - Gettin' Pretty; House Shopping; Fast Cars

Seems like it has been forever since I got my hair cut.   Saturday morning that happened.  Being a terrible blogger completely forgot the picture portion.  Really not much of a difference this time around. Just cleaning up.  Getting my haircut is one of the things that I am really not good at.  Happens only about twice a year.  Summer time I want it to be long enough to ponytail etc. and Winter time or the time proceeding Christmas need it long enough for them to style how I want. Hence no haircut.   Finally though it is done.

Once a month the inevitable happens and I have to go pick up house supplies.  You know the cleaners, shampoos, etc.  Yes, I am very stubborn about this happening once a month.  Since everytime I walk into a store it is like boom $100 gone, this habit ensure that it will only (hopefully) happen once per month.   We also did an Aldi's run this time around.  It was the hubbie's first time there.  I have not been there in ages either.  Think we will be going back if we happen to be in the area.

Since this little trip resulted in my budget bust.  Might as well call them out and get it over with. Due to our recent "lifestyle change", my planning was off and resulted in me buying this at the checkout.
Goodness I was starving people.  
The house supply budget was also over due to our food scale purchase.  Which makes me think that I will justify this not as a supply but a healthy household item.  Supplies are meant to be consumed, right? See that is how we will get around that.

Even though this was on the list - clipboard, it is a budget bust due to the fact that I got two and not one. The larger one I was going to use at home when I walk around and go thru the house supplies. Going to blame this on the hubbie.  He gave me the great idea that a small one would be perfect to put my list on at the grocery store.  Come Sunday the little clipboard with my list attached was in hand at the grocery store.   Great idea and yeah I think people were jealous.

 Now I have no way to justify the fact that I had to get the latest Instyle. Pure want.

The evening activities also resulted in a budget bust.  This was worth it though.  Rented Fast and Furious 6.  In my humble opinion, this one was a little out there.  Still good though.

Sunday -   Shopping and Family Time

As I mentioned before, made the world jealous with the usage of the clipboard at the grocery store. Spent a portion of the day getting all of our healthy items ready for the week. Come back Friday for details on how things went this week.

Then the hubbie managed to get Despicable Me 2.  Which meant perfect chance for the little bro and the boys to come over, chill and have dinner.
We also introduced them to bean bags for movie time.
 
Last but not least yet another reason why I love my hubbie
He takes care of the dirty work.  (Love you, oh you knew this would be here)
 
 
 
Linking up with:

1 comment: