Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 - Fresh Starts


Here we are another year upon us.  That moment when it seems like just about everyone is sucking in the oppurtunity to start out fresh, make changes and better themselves.  Putting the past behind. 

This should also be taken as a time to reflect. After all, how can you trudge a new path without recalling the lessons learned and moments over the last year.
  • My son and I ran what I think could go down as the coldest race ever
  • Went snowtubing for my first time
  • Ran my second half marathon and improved my time even with a huge cramp in my calf
  • Started my blog
  • Saw a major change in my little brothers life(sad at the time) Now I am grateful for it. We had such an awesome time as family this year. It was actually pretty crazy.
  • Mall of america with the steppie and her friend.
  • Experienced vegas with my hubbie
  • Summer - swagtime, redneck party, seeing another one of the wonders of Wisconsin, omg summer, swagtime. (AMAZEBALLS)
  • Turtles hatching way to late
  • My sons first homecoming dance
  • Jersey Boys with my mommie
  • Dressing up and going out for halloween
  • Running my third half marathon
  • Snowshoeing
And aside from the specifics above all the little moments that meant so much which could not be put into words. 

At the end of the year I take all of the pictures from the year, popular songs from the year, and create a video for us.  This becomes a very time consuming task.  The pay off though of watching all we did and what we accomplished throughout the year is worth every minute.

Then it is time to move forward.  Every year I ask what everyone would like to accomplish during the new year.  Last year, the answers were pretty lame (just sayin').  This year though it looks like people are getting their head in the game. To date we have...
  • Run a Half Marathon (myself, forest) - Training starts next week!!
  • Run a Marathon (myself) - October
  • Eat more food, gain weight (forest)  - He is a string bean even with what he eats. So while everyone else is making goals to lose, trim up please go ahead and "hate" my little terd. 
  • Lean Up (myself) - This girl has a body fat percentage goal to be reached.
  • Lose Weight (hubbie) - He has enlisted me to help. This should be an interesting experience.
  • Lose Weight (Steppie)
  • Start some blog link ups (myself) - Tested this out with a link up in December
  • No more credit cards (myself) - Kicking this off with a January spending freeze link up
  • Take time for myself (me)
Taking a look at these goals for the new year. Believe I just may do a fitness Friday post to help hold us accountable each week.  We shall see.

What are your goals, hopes and ambitions for the New Year?

Happy 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment