Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Morning Gossip

 
Time to take a look back at the weekend. 
 
Friday evening we somehow ended up watching a documentary that had to do with killer whales and Seaworld.  As wonderfully informative that this was, I truly wish I could unseen all of it.  I will never endorse nor visit there again.
 
Saturday. It was time to take care of Forest's Christmas present.   A shopping trip to the outlet mall.   He did an awesome job making $100 stretch.  He walked away with about four things.  Memory is failing me this morning on what he actually got.  I know that two of the items were sweatshirts.  Oh well.  He even had some money leftover, which he decided to roll into his summer clothers budget. 
 
Now myself on the other hand....you know that whole January spending freeze.  Let's review on how to ensure a moment of failure or two.
 
Number 1 Failure - Bath and Body Works
Seriously a 2 for $22 sale. Really could have used only one more. The first one though I grabbed was the tuscan herb.  This is delicious.  Makes me think of spring.  Then the Salty Carmel.  Oh you know that was a weak point.  And of course the moment of a 2 for $10 sale.  Could really use some for the bathroom.  Which at the end led to the $34 moment of budget busting shame.
 
Number 2 Failure - Lindt Truffles
This would be the store where I found my little brother "waiting" for me to come out of my store. Blaming this fail on him since if he would have never been in there, I would have never walked out with $9 in truffles.  It was a good sale.  What could I say..no. 
 
Number 3 Failure - Clothing budget overage
Vanhuesen - Who would have known?  I have never been in that store.  Will definetly go there again.  Perfect place for work clothes.  Pricing at the outlet.  Awesome.
 
Old Navy - Really didn't "need" anything that I purchased.  Of course, the skirt was what pushed me over.   This skirt though I was looking at way before this little excursion.  Couldn't pass it up for the price.
*Note the prices listed under original are what they had listed on the receipt before I got my discount.
 
How to rectify this little failure.  Reduction of my "personal" item budget for the month. Problem solved and still get to look cute.
 
Random moment from the outing.
Look at there little backpacks.  Little brother was trying to be just like his nephew. Ok, more like bugging him about the backpack. Funny.
 
Sunday - Sunday in our house is mass cleaning day.  Then menu planning and grocery shopping. Had a failure here by going above the allocated grocery budget for the week. This was due to our fitness goals for the new year.  More to come on this on Friday.  Which will now be known as fitness Friday in my little blog world.  Acoountability folks.
 
We also ventured to the little bro's for a little Packer party in the afternoon.  Luck is the only way they could have made it to this game.  Watching them on the field in comparision to the 49er's...sad.  Now what would be a good comparison.  Watching a 2 year toddler learn to walk next to a 4 year old who has walking down already.  Green Bay seemd to lack complete coordination. 
 
And there we have it, another weekend in the books.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Omg Blackfish is devastating. Broke my heart :(

    Lol it's hard to pass up a good sale. I always want to keep a spending goal but I know it's not possible.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete