Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weekend Shenigans

Whoot Whoot...who had a little bit longer of a weekend.  This girl.  One whole extra day.  Since in all technicalities peeps Thursday was my Friday, we will just assume that is where my weekend started.

Alright so let's get this horse and pony show on the road.  Since it was in essence an early release from work for me on Thursday too...I stopped at Starbucks for a glorious Salted Carmel Frap.  Yum.  Then it was off to Forest's cross country meet.  It was at home for a change.  There was major debut going at this.  Patience it will come.
The Herd


This just cracks me up.  My little bro chasing him.


And here it is...the new sock debut.  Forest and his friend both got new socks. Obviously matching.  They debuted them at the race.  And also swapped socks.  Thankfully this was when they were clean before the run. 
My son also ended up with a fat lip.  Yeah cross country non contact sport and only my son would end up with a fat lip.  Some kids elbow caught his face around a corner. Only my Forest.
 
Friday. Now this was an extra special day.  It just happened to be Forest's 16th birthday.  Seriously I am not sure where the time went.  Even with all the bumps in the road, my kid is pretty awesome.  There are moments when I wonder if there was a mix up at the hospital. 
 This sometimes seems like it was just yesterday.  I am very grateful though we are done with the whole dirty diaper thing.
Birthday Dinner Number 1 - My lasagna

And the cupcakes....thank you It's a Sweet Life.  They are amazing.


Guess are singing just wasn't music to his ears.



Such a good mom. I not only got him one car, but two. Bam, Mom of the Year.  For a brief moment he thought there was an actual car in the driveway for him.  Silly teenager.
 
Now Saturday, since I am a tiny little crazy person, I ran a half marathon. This also means that I "encourage" my family to come and get them up at a god awful hour in the morning, like 4:00am. Here are some of the pictures surrounding the event.
Bag pick up..this was actually Friday.  So excited to find Mickey.  With the number of times I have been to Miller Park you would have thought I would have seen it before.

The route.  This was my first all urban race route.  It was so much fun seeing all the landmarks.

Now if you are going to be at Miller Park, it definetly calls for some tailgating action.  There were quite a few people jealous that morning.




The girls and I pre race...lined up and ready to go.  First Half Marathon for both of the lovely ladies I was with.


Picture of the finish line.


This was an awesome run.  I ran much slower then my normal pace to stick with my friend throughout the race.And provide random moments of encouragement.  Just disregard that there may have been moments where she just wanted to smack the happy right out of me.  I was so happy/privileged to be able to be there with her as she celebrated crossing the finishing line in her first Half marathon.
 
Afterwards it was off for a little extra birthday and post race celebration at BW3's.


Wings and Cocktails....heaven.  Followed by a nap and a whole lot of doing nothing for the rest of the day.
 
Sunday, we accompanied the little brother to Cabelas.  He needed to get some stuff.  Plus he wanted someone to help him do some clothes shopping.  Clothes shopping + Help = I am all in.
 She loves elephants.
A duck blind...looks kind of like a coffin to me.

 
Sunday night it was time to celebrate...German Fest.  Thank you Germany for giving us another reason at my house to try some new and interesting foods.  Oh and World Market for carrying all the items one could possible want for such an endeavor.



 
Nothing better then ending the weekend with a German Feast.
 
xoxo, Dawn Marie
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment