Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Shenigans

And the envitable has finally happened.  Monday has arrived.  This weekend was so crazy...I could really use another day off.  Before I fall asleep, let's get on with it.  Shall we.

Saturday was cross country sectionals for my son.  In my personal opinion, it is a very challenging course for the kids.   Here are some pics, of course:

 Whoot, Let's go team.  Have a great race. In case I have not mentioned, at each meet they read and inspirational quote and tuck it in their shoes for luck.


 Coming up to the finish
Once again he sits with ice on his knees.   Aside from him taking a little longer to get to the finish, I would have never have known he was in pain.  His determination amazes me at times.  Now he has had knee issues in the past, but this time the reasoning was not just runners knee.  At one point someone tripped him.  This time the person helped him up and apologized. Very shortly after he was tripped again.  This time they thought it was intentional.  Very sad.  I am very thankful to his teammate Ethan who came up from behind and picked him.  As Ethan stated "I just grabbed him by the jersey lifted him up and we kept going".  Thank you Ethan for picking him up before he got trampled.  Needless to say both of those led to the increased knee issues.  Again though I am very grateful for his determination and his team.  Horicon's Cross Country kids rock.

Afterwards since I had to drive like an hour and a half, I went shopping.  We will just call this shopping trip a therapy trip from the craptastical moments I was having.  Got a butter dish for the house with a handle on the cover.  Yay no more almost dropping that thing.  Then there was some random moments of clothes bliss and some ugly awesome shoes.  Yep and being a bad blogger there are no pictures of the items.  Whoops.

Saturday evening was some Halloween drunken debauchery. And you can bet your britches I am making you wait to Halloween day to hear about this.  Along with the picture of the Halloween costumes...ha ha ha.

Sunday was a pour yourself out of bed and get your stuff done around the house kind of day.Actually managed to get alot done.  Straightened the garage for winter, made some banana bread, and stopped by my Uncle Jerry's for a visit.  My uncle seriously cracks me up.  Someday I will have to write a post about him.  He has done great things for our city and struggles with MS.  He says he is one of the few people who has lived with MS for 40 years.  What can I say, my family is hard to take out.  Always tell the hubbie my family is like cockroaches, we would survive a meteor, nuclear blast, you name it.

Then Sunday evening for dinner decided everyone needed to live on the edge a little bit.  How?  Well this girl took and mixed two different flavors of Suddenly Salad together.  Crazy, right.  I know.

 
Speaking of crazy.  Since it appears that I may just be losing it slightly.  Time to say goodbye. Until another day, my lovelies.
 
Dawn Marie
 
Linking up with:

Sami's Shenanigans
 

No comments:

Post a Comment