Monday, May 19, 2014

Warm Wisconsin Weekend, Say What?!?

Who just got done with a three day weekend...me me me.  And the Wisconsin weather was glorious.
 
Friday I actually had to take the two furry kids to the vet.  Look at all the adorableness.  
 Hope you enjoyed the cuteness since there will be a story of naughtiness.   Seems like every parent has the good kid and the bad kid, right.  Well our Bullet the jack got a stellar report card.  Now Sir Charles the Chiweenie is a whole different story.  He would be the kid that they muzzle.  His report was: lose some weight, can't do an oral exam due to muzzle, and scared of people.  Scared of people was an understatement.  Vet touched him while I was holding him and he proceeded to pee and poop everywhere.  It was seriously all over the exam table.  Thankfully there was only a drop on me.
 
Since I found this random thing hanging in the room thought I would share, just in case you were curious on how old your little furball is.

Basically what that told me was I have an old man to old to complain (Bullet) and another going thru a midlife crisis (Charles).  Fantastic...maybe I will find a sports car that Charles bought in the driveway that was an obvious unauthorized purchase that being a pupmom I will need to confiscate.
 
After all that, I sent the subtle hint to the hubbie that I be in the need of a fish fry...and a fish fry happened.
 Fish face = Fish fry
 
Saturday...ha ha still sunny in Wisconsin.  Was going to do a 5k race in a town close by.  Didn't feel like racing though....say what?!?  Kind of scary.  So far I have not raced at all this year.  My mind though is just focused on the marathon coming in October.  Decided to just do a 4 mile around town. 
Here is the mile 2 shot...think I may have to make a tradition of selfie's every two miles.  That way when the mileage gets up there, you can watch the progession of death (or the feeling of it) creep across my face.  It was a fantastic run though Saturday morning.
 
Embracing the glory of the day, I also have my pots planted.  Let's cross our fingers on no more frost warnings.  
Since I ran out of dirt we also took a mini trip to the hardware store where I saw these...
Baby chickens for sale.  Yep, at the hardware store. 
 
 Later in the evening was a little experiment with our rotissere and a pork roast.  I have to say that it turned out fantastic.  We will definelty be making this one again. 
 
 
Sunday...day number 3 of glorious weather for the win.  Not much to report except for getting the inevitable house chores done, starting to pack for our weekend up north and of course, Sunday family dinner night. 
 These two boys are just darn right adorable.
 
Hope you had a glorious sunshiney weekend!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment