Monday, May 12, 2014

Mommie Monday

Here is to hoping everyone survived their Mother's Day and treated their mommies, stepmommies, pupmoms, grandmas, etc like a queens.  Before we take a sneak peek at my quality mommie time, I would like to apologize for the dust around my corner of the blogworld.  We are currently undergoing a refresh.

Now onto mommie time...
 
What I do for my mom for mother's day is always buy her a hanging flower basket.  Saturday we went to the local school's FFA plant sale and picked out our flower baskets plus some flowers to put in our flower beds. Wisconsin is finally warming up people!!

Notice the little chiweenie below checking mom's work and being to delicate to walk on the grass.

 
Afterwards it was off to breakfast and a day of shopping at the outlet mall.  It was a glorious day for walking around outside the mall.  The place we went for breakfast had by far the biggest pastry items I have ever seen.


 
So you can get an idea .... that eclaire took up a whole standard size to go box.

 
And I even resisted temptation and bought absolutely no candles at Bath and Body Works on our trip.  Outlet mall haul coming soon.  Saturday evening was a glorious night for the hubbie and I to have a fire and get the sticks all burned up.

 
Sunday we had everyone over for a our normal Sunday dinner.  We splurged tfor mother's day and had steak with some king crab legs.  My mommie loves seafood.  Plus the hubbie grilled a pineapple for the first time.  It was absolutely delicious.
If you have the chance I highly recommend this.   The coating was super simple too....brown sugar and butter.
 
All in all that was the weekend that was...lots of mommie time for me.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your mom picture, breakfast and outlet shopping sound like a great way to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time -- bakery, shopping, grilled pineapple. Happy belated Mother's Day to her!

    ReplyDelete