Friday, August 22, 2014

Mall Haul aka Lovin' Lush


During my crazy week last week, one of the things that I needed to do was to get the 6 month check done on my wedding ring.  Yes, I actually go in every 6 months just like I am suppose to.  The added benefit is the legit excuse to go to the mall.  See living out in the sticks means that a mall trip requires a little bit of planning plus an hour drive.  Torture for me, relaxation for my wallet.

When I go, I of course have to stop at one of my fave stores...Lush.  And by the time I go I always have a list of must haves and tries and by the picture above you can tell the list was kind of long and very glorious.


Let the Good Times Roll Cleanser:  Sample Size.  Will be checking this out for my exfoliating/moisturizing needs for Winter. It smells delicious.

Herbalism: This is a cleanser for troubled skin that sucks up oil, tones the skin and provides a light exfoliant.   Purchased this for my and my steppies usage.  Hoping that I have discovered a replacement for my mid-week exfoliant.  With this cleanser, you pinch off a small portion, add a little water, and mix into a paste in your hand prior to using on your face.  Compared to liquid soap it takes a little getting used too.  This is a try.

Ocean Salt:  Lush's best selling exfoliant for a reason.  To find the words to describe the glory that comes in this little pot.  It helps with hydration, blemishes, and plus the dead skin cells.  I absolutely love how this makes my skin feel and look.  Must Buy.

Green Circle product...details to come below.  It is interesting to say the least.



Grease Lighting:  Go Grease LIghting...Gooooo.  Tea Tree, Witch Hazel and Aloe.  Stated as a spot treatment.  I use a thin layer every night to keep my cranky skin at bay. Plus super gentle for my dry moodie skin. Absolute must have in my routine.

Coalface: Now that big block of gray matter would be coalface.  Meant for combo to oily skin aka I have my period this week and my skin is having a major temper tantrum necessity.  Charcoal absorbs the oils and exfoliates.  This is an item that intrigued me and was a "I need to try this".


Time for the weird circle thing in the silver container and another item in the the silver container.

Squeaky Green Shampoo: Yep that green circle thing is a shampoo bar.  When I first heard of them I was intrigued to say the least.  I absolutely had to get one to try.  From the website: "Squeaky green is our herbal shampoo for oily locks and stressed out scalps. Stimulating rosemary, peppermint and tea tree cleanse the scalp and hair, and soothing vanilla and chamomile calm any irritation or itchiness. We're proud to say that our shampoo bars are not only environmentally friendly (no packaging or preservatives), but also economical (each bar lasts as long as 3 medium sized bottles of liquid shampoo) and most importantly, effective. Fresh hair, soothed scalp and a squeaky clean conscience!"   Now I did some what look at what this one would do for me, but I loved the smell of it.  In the trial stage now.

Big Solid Conditioner:  The white bar is a conditioner.  Again I was intrigued by the fact a conditioner could come in the form of a bar of soap.  This one is for volume and shine.  Trying it out as we speak.





Now everyone should know that I can not go to the mall without a quick stop at Sephora, of course. Had a few things on my list to just check out and then I found a few other things I wanted to try.



Now the things that I checked out in the store were just so-so.  Ended up cruising the travel size aisle and ended up bringing home a few things.

Tarte BB Cream:  It was such a small bottle that I could not pass it up.  After all it was the perfect size for backpacking.

Pure Vanilla Deodrant:  Wanted to try this for a little while now.  Seeing that they had it in a travel size was perfect.  Wish they would have had more flavors.

GlamGlow Dual Cleansing Mud: Grabbed a sample of this.  The items from Glamglow are so expensive there would be no way I would check them out without a sample.

Extra Bonus to my trip was that I cashed in my points for a freebie...which is awesome since I love the origins products and I needed more of their glorious eye cream anyway.  Now I have been changing up a few of my items in my skincare routine to check some of these little goodies out.

One of the very last things I left the mall with was the infamous Buddy Squirrel Popcorn, which is of course like crack and only really last a few days plus became my dinner for a few nights...because I am an adult and can do that.  Whoot.

There you have the little mall bender I went on the other week.  Wallet is cranking, Dawn is a happy girl.  Now to patiently await the next excuse for a little retail therapy.

Happy Weekend
 


No comments:

Post a Comment