Monday, August 11, 2014

Marathon Monday


Roar and I survived my longest run yet.  Blazing new trails on Saturday I was.  Took a completely different route.  Which was kind of scary since I was not really sure where I would pick up the trail I was going to be running.  Clearly I found it and did not run on a highway.

Now speaking of running on the trail...I love it.  It was glorious running under the shade.  Hitting the open uncovered road was just downright hot.   This week I had slight calve problems, so for the last four miles I opted for a run/walk.  Majority of the minutes were running, but took a minute walk break.

That leads me into conversations about how people feel like they are a failure or failing when they walk.  No person (unless they are blessed) comes out of the gate able to just run 26 miles, 13 miles, 6 miles, 3 miles or even 1 mile for that matter.  It takes time, training, will power and a drive to kick your own butt when required.  The last one is the hardest.  You may never be able to run a whole distance and always have to walk/run...guess what that doesn't matter.  When you cross that finish line, no matter how you got there is what makes you awesome, a winner, and an inspiration to others. 

Enough jibber jabber, let's take a look at some of the views along the way.

And the world wakes...
 
 Speed zone...say what?!?  It is a long run I need to go slow like a turtle.
 
 This little sign to know what city I was entering...plus there were road signs further down to know what roads I was crossing.


 I think that this horse was having a jealous moment...someone else wanted to run free also.  And to be quite honest I would have taken ride home for Mr. Horsey too.
 
There we have another long run in the books...until next weekend. 
Run Free and Wild


No comments:

Post a Comment