Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My

Once upon a time a little boy told me that he went to the zoo and didn't get to see the monkeys.  Say What?!?  Going to the zoo and not seeing the monkeys.   That can not happen, so boom day trip to the zoo for my ubberly cute nephews.  Bonus to the story was the day I picked also happened to be Zoo A La Carte Day...hooray...and it turned into a large family outing.   Yep our little "bus" was full.   A grandma, three teens, two toddlers and me of course.  Let's move onto our day out.

 
K attempting to catch the peacock.
 


 The tradition of trying to stop the world from spinning
 My teenagers
 
I swear that everytime my little moo looked at one of the animals outside it decided to pee


 My favorite kiddos...and I am absolutely amazed that we got all of them looking perfectly on one shot.
 
 Now the zoo meant for this elephant to be used for pictures only...yet you make the ears of the elephant like a slide...so yes littles will use according to their specifications aka a slide.


Treated the teens to the zipline.  It was the first time for two of them.  Report back was they were a little scared at first, but it was cool.  Now to look at some place where we could zipline thru a forest.
 
And now let's look at some of my food selections
Very first stop, I really stepped out of the box and had...Applebees.  Yep really.  5 restuarants to choose from and I pick Applebees. Can't help it, pretzel breadsticks, glorious.

This would be irish nachos.  Chips are actually potatos and it had corned beef on it.  I will be attempting to make this at some point.  
 
There you have our little day out at the zoo...sorry there were not more food pics since it was zoo a la carte and you are suppose to feast with the beasts.  I missed the "with" and feasted like a beast without pictures.
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment: