Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Running like I am running, whoop

Ha bet with that title you think that it will be another post about running.  Not technically just a weekend recap about all the "running" around we did this weekend.

Friday - Well I somewhat had my hopes up after we found this cute little retro camper on craigslist.  High tailed it out of work, grabbed the parents (because you know it has to have your daddie's blessing), and off we all went. 

Talk about disappointment.  We understood that this needed some work, but the amount of work that the owner did not disclose was huge.  When you state that you have been camping in it the last few years, don't slip up and say you pulled it out of a field this last year.  Then when you stored it in  spring you threw a tarp on top, so much for "fixing" some leaks.   A metal sided trailer had a layer of tar...yes, tar slathered on the roof.  The only form of water damage fixing you did was try to slap a layer of paint on the inside to cover the evidence and then the wood looking floor was just some crappy linoleum that you couldn't ieven lay correctly.  Good job putting the owl drawer and door pulls on...that was about the only thing right.  You slept in it, my arse.

Whoa...guess I am a little more irritated about that then I realize.  Honesty folks.  No camper.

Saturday - Long Run, of course see the Monday Marathon post.  Then it was off to get my hair cut and styled.  It has been months since I had a haircut.  We kept it the same since there will be no major changes before my marathon.   Here is me looking all fancy:
 
And the little handsome fellow would be my moo.
 
Since we had to do some shopping for the upcoming backpacking trip and the hubbie wanted to stop at this vapor shop.  Vaping (think that is spelled right) is a thing now for people.  More information to come once I can talk him into a post all about it.  It was off to West Bend.  And we had a mid-day lunch at Buffalo Wild  Wings.
 
Then it happened...the hubbies aztec decided that it didn't want to really go fast anymore.  We had to drive very very slowly home to drop it at the dealer.  Insert...sad, upset, hubbie here.
 
Thankfully the Iron Ridge Firemens picnic was that, so we were able to drown his sorrows in the glory of the green stuff.
This year he was the one with the pitcher and a straw.
See glorious green stuff equals happiness.
 
Sunday - After the realization that we really need another car for a back up and something that could actually tow a camper, you know for  when I go on my next need this moment.   We went "car" shopping.  Surprise found this 4 wheel drive V8 Durango in nice condition that came home with us.
 
And as you would guess after the running etc.  I started to gather up my stuff for backpacking, get our Sunday chores done and then it was onto family dinner night.
 
That was a whole lot of running around this last weekend...thank goodness it is a short week for this girl.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment