Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

It is hard to believe that right around the corner...uummm no more like some small child not looking where they are going running smack dab into a pole...back to school time is here.   Not even back to school time really...like straight up school time.  

Forest has started his cross country practice. Last night I paid his school fees.  The girls in the office know him?!?! Should I be afraid?  An upperclassmen this year, not sure how or when that happened. Time goes fast.

Gillian tried out for her first high school sport....volleyball. Life lessons learned: actually trying out for a team (not the everyone plays mentality) and making sure you have your shit together. Her father explained the nerves that she felt as she walked into her first day as a freshman. She be amongst freshman today, so no worries.  Worry about the day in Spetember when the rest of the high school world converges on you and you scurry amongst the masses to get to your classes (went all Dr. seuss there)

With both my children in high school and the consistent rotation of school, sports, work etc.   I am starting to rethink my menu planning/dinners for the week.  More like a grab and go reheat type items. Have receipes, please share.  Still need to maintain the Sunday family dinners.  Fmaily time around the dinner table is soooo important.   A moment where our worlds can collide while all going in the various directions we are.

In the midst of the busy crazy back to school time, in which I really starting to take a breath of fresh air from, I have deemed that I need to make a household binder to contain items that need to be taken care of each month.  Better organization versus randomly pulling this out of my behind and recreating the wheel every year.

Thats it for the litte trip into what happens to be running thru my brain today.  Rather centered yet completely sporadic.



No comments:

Post a Comment