Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer Surprise

Surprise...um no not really.  Guess what I am going to report out?!? That after running12 miles we spent the rest of our Saturday...wait for it, wait....on the water.   Bet that one just kind of jumped up and smacked you in the face.

Saturday morning was one of my fave events in our little town.  Paddle Horicon Marsh.  This was my second time doing it.   Last year, it rained.  <insert sad face> 

Everybody puts their kayaks in at one point and then paddles down 6.5 miles to the take out area.  Along the way, they have numerous speakers talking about various aspects of the marsh.  And this whole event is free.  Thank you glorious volunteers.


The hubbie was an amazing sport and managed to suffer thru the 6.5 miles with me. The beginning was all fun and the river was flowing in a glorious manner.  The sufferage started after the river opened up and the wind started, it turned into a pretty hard paddle.   Hence no pictures of the latter portion of the trip.  I can say though as hard as it was; crashing into the waves and watching them break over the front of my kayak was pretty cool.  Crushing it people.


Try taking a selfie while floating down a river and hoping to not tip over.  

Lookie, Lookie it is me in my pink princess.  Still had the only pink kayak on the river.  Did see a purple though.



Remember when I mentioned that it was 6.5 miles down the river and at one point there was wind plus waves.  Well this guy and another girl (not shown) get the big baller sufferage award.   Stand up paddle boarding the entire 6.5 miles...insanity.  In my opinion, by the look on the guys face he had no idea what he was in for.  Kudos for making it, you rock.


Now one would think that would be enough water time for the day...but nope. Hello it was sunny.  So of course, we went out on the boat.  What made Saturday special was Forest plus K actually joined us .
 
Oh look at all that teenage puppy love going on.
 
 
Seriously way the heck out there.
 
 
And since it was K's first time, we had to hit the rope swing.  Talk about summer prefection.  Rope swinging into a river or any of body of water is a must do.
 


 
Aside from me losing my top a few times, it was awesome.  Now I just have to work on getting as brave as K to go and get the rope.  And of course, we had sandbar time..in which we owned it.
 

 
All MINE!!
 

 
Sunday (much to my dismay) was time for rest and the standard crap aka grocery shopping blah blah blah.  And that there was the weekend that was...stay tuned tomorrow for my monthly loves.
 
 
 

1 comment: