Monday, June 30, 2014

Marathon Monday

Hello and Welcome to another episode of marathon Monday.  Clearly I survived, oh which you would know if you followed me on instagram. Let's talk running...

First and foremost, let's give a great big shout out to my brain that decided my body needed to be up at 2:30 in the AM.  Thanks a fricken lot. Took the extra time to eat a little more breakfast and of course, coffee.  Then it was out the door at 5.  This is my planned time, after all it is summer.   Run before the sun or close anyways.

Not that you can tell by any of the pictures but it was humid and hot.  Like by my first two mile point I was just like gross.  Really how anybody south of Wisconsin can run outside in summer I have no idea.  I give you a serious kudos and standing ovation.  My world was ok right up until mile 8.  Then the suckage started.  We will try to make this very brief.  The bottom of both my feet just hurt.  Every single step hurt, but you can damn well bet when I had the last 10th of a mile to go I ran my behind off.    Never with the half marathons I have done and all the training runs I have done has that ever happened.  Going to blame this on the shoes though.  These have been in rotation longer then most.  Time to shop.

With the extended mileage, I did get to see some new sites. 

 Ok alright this one wasn't really new, but the sunrise over the river is just a beautiful site.


Goats...like  goat farm.
 

 
The farm was not abandoned, but the only thing I could think about was a horror movie.  Since this was in the last couple miles, it may just have been a driving factor in me keeping moving.
 
With the holiday coming up, my training is changing (just this week).  As in I will be running, Monday, Tuesday, and a long run on Thursday plus there will be no lifting this week.  Priorities people..like I want to have a cocktail and not have to worry about dragging my behind 14 miles somewhere that I am not familiar with.
 

 
And with that being said, I am off to buy me some new shoes and random other awesome things that will just make all my future runs rock.  Shopping must make it better, right.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment