Monday, July 28, 2014

Marathon Monday


Holler.  It is Monday and I survived my longest run ever. Whoot.  16 miles down in the books.  Since I decided to get all classy and go to a broadway show on Friday evening.  My long run was Friday AM.  This makes total sense since I was going to have an adult beverage Friday evening...and after years of experience the number one thing I learned: do not run when you have been drinking the night before and really, really don't run when you are hungover.  Smelling the booze sweating out from your pores...overrated.

Friday was a special one aside from me hitting the big number 16.  I ran a completely different way then I ever had.  New scenery makes the mind feel fresh.  Now by new scenery I really mean different farms then what I see normally.  Small town country living folks.  Here meet my new people..(animals).

 
Stare all you want horses.  I have no fence and I am running with the wind in my hair.


No country run would be complete without chickens.
 
Then there was the cow like starring at me rather freaky like.  Which was all fun and games until he decided to run.  Not at me thankfully (even with a fence there), but kind of away from me yet in the same direction.  Then there were the other cows which suddenly decided to do the same thing, which means that I suddenly was kind of being chased by like 5 cows.  Freaky. Note fence was still intact and no cows chased me down the road or this conversation would be changing into something along the lines of: What to do when you pooped yourself in the middle of the country after being chased by cows. 
 
That ended my little country farm road adventure.  I then ran into the next city over for a mid run hello/stop by the hubbie.  Which at that point it started to rain outside.  Sucked it up and went on with the journey.  
Now if there was one thing I learned during the whole 4 miles I spent in the neighboring city, it is hilly, like crazy hilly.  I understand why they have a great cross country team.  They have no choice but to run hills everyday.  And that picture above was the longest hill of them all.  Suddenly the longest run ever turned into one of the hilliest too. 


After that it was time for a nice run out on the marsh trail.  Beautiful cool morning out there.  Running on a trail versus running on a road very different.  Bonus was the geese on the path decided to fly away versus attack a runner.  Whoot. Dawn for the win.

And then it was back to the city.  In which I had to snap the picture of the "secret" garden.  Not sure whose backyard it is, but hey it is cool.

After running 16 miles, in which you were chased by cows, got rained on, possibly restrained your tendon, your legs/feet are hurting, your tired, and your motivation is dwindling the moment comes when your 16 year old teenager steps out of the door and claps and cheers for you as you run down the cul de sac....you feel like a champion and all the bad slips away.
 
16 miles in the books,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment