Thursday, July 17, 2014

#FAVTotalSocial

Venus Trapped in Mars

Holler it is that time of the month again (and no not the girly one, hello).  Time to link up with Helene and Sarah.  This month our favorite things. 

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things...

OK now that you have the crazy sound of music song running thru your head. Your Welcome.

Following in Sarah's footsteps going to do this quiz Favorite Things.  Thank you for presenting me with a way to not pull some random stuff out of my behind.  Alrighty let's get this shizzle started..

Favorite pet I ever had
My fluffamuffin, Bullet. 
Runners Up - Pepper (my childhood doggie) and of course, the "greatest dog ever", Charlie.  Hello there is no way to pick just one people

Favorite car I’ve owned
My '89 GMC Jimmie.  The thing was cursed, but oh my I still loved it.


Favorite meal out, ever
Good question, I like food and eating out/trying new places to just pick one.

Favorite food I’ve cooked
Anything that was cooked with wine (that I consumed).  Hello I like food.

Favorite food from childhood
Fryed Buttered noodles

Favorite movie of all time
Schindlers List.   The story, greatness and way it was presented.

Favorite book of all time
OK, the Harry Potter Series.  Never have I been so consumed with a book.

Favorite item category to go shopping for with a girlfriend
Everything under the mall roof with a stop for dinner.

Favorite day out – what, where, with whom
Kayaking, backpacking, tailgating...hello I can not get enough time in the glorious great outdoors and with anyone who is crazy enough to go with me.

Favorite color
Purple and Green

Favorite artist
Marc Chagal, if you are talking fine art.


Favorite song
Again, I love music way to much to ever just pick one song.
Favorite paid entertainment I’ve ever seen
All of them. 

Favorite hobby activity that makes me get lost for hours
Kayaking and Backpacking.  Because Hello you literally can get lost for hours.
Favorite skill (past or current)
Organizing/managing chaosis otherwise my crazy overacheiverness (yep that's a word now) would be even crazier
 
Favorite advice I’ve ever been given

"We are not here to make friends, do what is right" - Papa John aka my old boss
Favorite advice I’ve ever given
Do what makes you happy, never say can't, the only person holding you back is yourself

 
Favorite natural wonder I’ve ever seen
The Mountains in Colorado.  Is that a wonder.  Not sure but I am completely jealous of anyone who gets to look at that glory everyday.


My favorite flower – purchased
Alstromeria are by far my favorite flowers

My favorite flower or plant – personally grown
None.  I have no green thumb.  They come from Walmart aka the devil and I hope they live.

My favorite hair day ever?
 
Really do people seriously have these things and they remember it. Hell I don't.  Maybe it is alzheimers setting in.

The most favorite gift I’ve ever gotten – what and from whom?

Anything that was colored, hand made by anyone of my littles. Oh and the time my husband bought me like a case of the single serve nutellas...that totally rocked.

 
Favorite unusual pet I’ve ever had
A mouse.  Hey it was a biology experiment.  We had the train mouse, nothing crazy. 

Favorite outdoor smell
The smell when you are by a fresh, clear running river or waterfall

Favorite Saturday night ever?
Where do they get these questions from.  I am going with it was so good that I forgot.

My favorite non-relative adult growing up
My neighbors who showed me the love of the outdoors, the doctor that found out I had gallbladder problems and nurses who cared for me, my 3rd grade teacher Mrs Sunderland and a whole bunch of other teachers....alright I had a lot of people that were my favorites.  Hey they are awesome people who shaped the crazy that I am today.  Thank you

Favorite TV rerun I could watch 50 times?
Have I ever mentioned that I don't really watch TV.

Favorite item no one knows I own?
Now come one, if I told you this then you would know. And honestly I have no idea what it would be.

Favorite competent activity I do?
Running, come back on Monday for my crazy sometimes borrowing reiteration of my Saturday long runs aka watching Dawn's progress to death

Favorite food item I can never run out of?
Ramen Noodles



The favorite picture I’ve ever taken?

Oh my there are so many more...but these are it.  Both random moments captured.



Favorite secret I still safeguard? (don’t reveal it!)
Not sure if it is my favorite, but it causes me to question myself on a regular basis.
 
And there you have a very long list of my favorites yet no favorites because I really just love life.  Dorko I know, but that is the way it is.  I love life, the people who are in it and the amazing world around me.
 
Peace out
 

No comments:

Post a Comment