Monday, July 21, 2014

Marathon Monday

Crazy. Exhaustion. Tired.   Those three words describe my last week.   The world has kind of been a haze. Needless to say Saturday's long run was to be 15 miles.   Now if you watch my instagram, you could tell that there seemed to be a void Saturday.   Why?!?   Because nobody really wants to see the same view, over and over again ....
For like 15 miles.
 
Call me crazy, but yes I did 15 miles on a treadmill.  Now this does mean that my pace ends up being closer to my race pace, which does provide a slightly refreshing feeling.  To the why portion, it was slightly humid and I was feeling worn down. Knowing that the sun would also be coming up and increasing the temperature, I did not want to risk running on back country roads and having an issue.  So it was off to the treadmill I went.  Safety first, right.
 
My number one tip for treadmill running: lots of distractions.  You will see me watching the gym tv, listening to music, flipping through a magazine, or watching a movie.  The main perk though to treadmill running a bathroom close by no matter what the mile was.
 
No fun stories or weird things by the side of the road.  Just a baby rhino on tv about exciting as it got.
 
Until next week when the envelope is pushed further...now I off to shop for running stuff.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment