Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Phantoms, Fishery and Rednecks

As I read thru numerous other blogger's posts, the consensus seems to be that like our shcool age children everyone gets a little lazy in the whole blogging arena.   Diddo over in this neck of the woods.  There is always so much going on and things to get ready for.  With that being said, let's get to my long weekend and see what I had to get all ready for.

Phantoms or Phantom of the Opera

Friday was my mommie and me day.  First up was a little trip to the salon to get all pretty and stuff.
Thank goodness for an awesome hair dresser and Stitchfix.  No idea where I would be without them.  Then it was off to dinner at Mo's a place for steaks.  The food there is glorious and this time around we actually had a seat by the window. Here is my obligatory cocktail picture.
Really it just looks so pretty sitting there.  And always make sure to get dessert, even if you take it to go, at a fancy restuarant.  It will then serve another purpose, like breakfast the next day.   After dinner, it was off to see Phantom of the Opera.
This is the view from our seats.  It was the first time I sat in one of the balcony levels.  Still undecided if I like it or not.  Clearly you could see everything, it was just the looking down versus looking straight and slightly up concept.  Overall it was a glorious show.  They did make a few changes this year which I was kind of disappointed with.  One was the ballroom scene at the beginning of the 2nd act.  The other time they had them dancing and coming down this gorgeous steps with mirrors surrounding them.  This year the steps were not there.  Really though, it was a glorious show and a great time with my mommie.
 
Fishery
 
This portion of the weekend is called fishery due to the mass amounts of fish that were seen while going down the river.  My intent was to grab one of the littles and do some kayaking.  Well said little decided that he did not want to go.  Instead, L took the new kayak on it's and her longest trip.
 
Rumor had it that there was a fish or otherwise known as a carp problem in the river.  Oh boy they were not kidding.  I will be saving every single person from the disgusting sights of decaying fish and the smell when you got close.  While standing outside the little bro's house upon our return, we literally saw no less then one dead fish float by per minute.  Here is a local news report on the little problem:
 
Needless to say that we are impatiently waiting the results of the carp issue and will be staying out of the water.  Which means no more swagtime aka boating time until further notice.  And they better figure this out soon.  Because no boating, sand bar, Skalliwags time makes Dawn a very very unhappy girl.
 
Now on to something that made me smile and off of the dead fish no boating bitch.  Kayaking with my Bullet. 
 
 Uuummm completely sitting in the wrong direction Bullet, mama can't paddle. Ok let's try this again.
 Now that is much better...right up until....
 He decided to balance on the front of the kayak.  At this point I am completely freaked out because I know at some point someone is going in the river and I will be damned if it was me...remember the carp paragraph earlier.  Bullet can swim and does have a puppy life vest on. Safety for all my kiddos.  Here we are getting close to land.
and he jumped...puppy missed by a little bit and was half in the water and half out.  Which meant that he got to take a bath immediately when he got home.  Now will I take him out again...possibly.  It would be glorious if he could be my kayaking buddie too.
 
Rednecks
It all started last year when we decided to burn a couch and be all redneck like.  Then it flowed into this year. Since we had no couches to burn, it was deemed that this years little redneck party would be a chicken sampling for my mommie and daddie aka  Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Day.
 Yes you are seeing that correctly, there were 10 different kinds of marinated chicken.  My mom and dad found some they liked.  Plus I found one that I really liked that I would never think of grabbing.  Oh and yes that is a wonderous dip thing you see in the corner.  Hold tight for some spur of the moment aka no testing this is what happened recipe posts coming your way.
So glad he decided to use a napkin as to not mess his little white tank top.

 
And of course the day would not be complete without a little redneck family picture.. 
 
That my friends was the weekend that was
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment