Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday 5 - Culture

A few years ago, ok it was actually more like 5 years ago, my mommie and I started to attend broadway shows together.  It came about one day when she wanted to go see Phantom of the Opera.  Of course, I am always game to check something new out...so behold a mommie and me thing created.

Since the "tradition" started 5 years ago and it is Friday Five, time for a review of what I have seen, ate, wore, etc.

1.  2009 - Phantom of the Opera - Where our little tradition began.
 Blurry feet picture...for my mommies very first pedi.
 Plus she even got her hair done.
 
2.  2010 - Wicked - This was a very intriguing show.
 
 Roar Lion outside of where we ate.   Growling hungry...possibly. 



And the dress coloring of course was very particular to the show.  Embracing the color of the wicked witch.
 
3. 2010 - Nutcracker - This time I was the mommie taking her (step) daughter. Ha how is that for a little twist in the action.
First up after getting all pretty was a feast at Bucca Di Beppo. 
 Holy Canoli.

Her very first ballet.  
 
Of course, I am going with the pretty pink "ballet" color.  I saw the Nutcracker when I was her age.  This little trip just seemed right.  While I remember portions of it, it seemed even better as an adult.  Let's not forget seeing the wonder, joy and aawww in my girl's eyes as things played out on the stage.
 
4. 2013 - Jersey Boys - Yep, we had to take a couple years off of the tradition since we had things going on like twins being born and a wedding.  Kind of put a temporary stop to things.  Back at it we went with a Rockin' Broadway play...Jersey Boys.

 
5. 2014 - Good things to come.  Nope not the name of the broadway show.  Just the vision, that as you read this I will be with my mommie attending Phantom of the Opera.  Watch for the recap next week.  Plus since it seems to have been awhile, she is a little older, and if the stars come into alignment, the steppie and I will be seeing her very first broadway show in November, The Lion King.  
 
 
There you have my show stopping Friday.  Any other suggested must see's from Broadway to add to my must see list?
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment