Monday, June 2, 2014

Mishmash

Hello Monday and welcome to my little mishmash of stuff.  Clearly by the title you get a whole lot randomness today that really may not be related to one another but yet may intertwine nicely.  We shall see.

First...Goals.  I kind of left the whole report out of my May goals out of my May Faves post.  Clearly my goals were not anywhere near my faves.  We will just hit this quick and make it somewhat painless. Oh and there will be no goals for June..it's summer
  • The booty..managed two Saturday runs, did not walk the dogs, but did complete the #1800minute Challenge.
  • The Machine...tried a new grill recipe (yay) and also it managed to gorge on sweets and drink alcohol more then one day a week (fail).
  • Happy Home...My goobers pictures are changed out for the year. Now the house to do list...did you see the boating pictures?  No idea on how well the whole house list went.
  • Cyberworld...blog refresh is in process and we did celebrate one year in cyber world!
  • Still doing the 100 happy day challenge and gave up on the money challenge since I need to be happy.  Ok so that is what I am going with.
Since it is Monday I am linking up Kelli over at She Crab Soup for her picture link up.  Today's prompt was motion.

See this relaxed no one going anywhere...yep that is the type of Summer chilling motion I am going with.  Of course there was our kayaking adventure in which the hubbie thought we looked almost like we were doing a sychronized dance.

Oh and check out Kelli's awesome new little link up button...love it.

 
Yes so once again our weekend consisted of a whole bunch of water events.  I would not have it any other way.  The hubbie, Cooper and myself kayaked down the river to the little bros house on Saturday morning.


Sadly we did not find any turtles along the way.  Did see a crane, but that was about it.


The little bro took my moo out for a little spin in the pink princess too.  He is definetly more hesistant then his brother.  Later he got out his duck skiff...this was just a sight to see.  Cooper has the biggest grin on his face.

And Miss L actually got to try out kayaking for the first time ever.  Appeared that she liked it and was interested in doing it some more.  Which basically means that when I get in go mode the hubbie can defer my crazy to yet another person.  Everyone wins.

No water day would be complete with out taking out Swagtime and hitting the lake/sandbar.   Where both of the boys got comfortable in the water this time!!


And now a big anouncement...no really just a crazy idea to keep me in check and encourage some support or share stories in blog land.  A portion of my Mondays will be dedicated to my marathon training....how I am doing, where I am at, and the bat crazy shit that happens.  Seriously it usually happens during a long run on a Saturday.  Like running into a random creature on the road and not being sure who is more scared, being chased by cows (sort of), random fisherman cheering you on.    The possibility of peeing yourself...
 Hey look everybody, Billy peed his pants.
Billy Madison: Of course I peed my pants, everyone my age pees their pants. It's the coolest.
3rd Grader: Really?
Billy Madison: YES. You ain't cool, unless you pee your pants.
3rd Grader: Hey look, Ernie peed his pants too. Alright!
Old Farm Lady: If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

And no the hubbie didn't pee himself, we took care of that training along time ago. Anyways...Marathon Mondays.  Will make a link up if people would like to support, share stories, etc.  Nothing like knowing that there are whole bunch of other bat shit crazy people out there just like you.

Speaking of bats....our bat house has a tennant!!
Sorry for the poor picture.   Took the little brother an almost act of God to get this.  Now the bat no longer needs to toy with the idea of staying in our bedroom with us.
 
And last but not least I will leave you with this picture of my crazy little bro's beer delivery service.
 
Happy Monday!!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Marathon Mondays- sounds great! I love alliteration ahah. I just started Monday Melodies- good luck to both of us with keeping up!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the beer delivery service! And no thank youuuu to bats in the house - things like this remind me why I live in the city

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love weekends on the water, they are the absolute best.

    ReplyDelete