Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Fun Festing, Feasting, and Floating

Those three words sum up our weekend in the sack rather well.  We can just ignore the amount of time it took me to figure out three words that started with "F" to describe the weekend.  Significance of "F" unless you count fun, fantastic, etc.  Now that you get the idea let's just see what happened.
 
Festing - Jersey Street Music Fest. This weekend was our city's little music fest. Ok maybe it is not so little.  Tons of band grace our small town. This year it was an enitire weekend of music.  Aside from the music they had food, a volleyball tournament, and kids activities too. We managed to make it down for one group.  Started raining and we opted to stay in for the rest of the day. Yet another shout out to a great organization, Horicon Phoenix group. 
 
 
 
The sound was a combination of blues and rock.  The singer also played a "cigar" box guitar for a few songs.  The sound from this instrument was amazing and much more powerful then one would think from such a tiny instrument.  They also did a fantastic job of entertaining the crowd.  Towards the end of the concert they were mingling and playing amongst everyone who came to see them.  Fan interaction bumps you right up on the satisfaction scale.


Feasting: Now since I hinted to the food part, let me share the glory in my belly from this weekend.
Food at the music fest - nachos and of course, cupcakes.  That red velvet cupcake was by far the best red velvet cupcake I have ever had.

This would be a pork tenderloin and peppers.  Focus on the peppers that are wrapped in bacon.  Oh and stuffed with cheese.  This is what happens when you go to the meat market.  Me: What is that?!?  Can we grill it?  You Can grill anything, right? Hubbie: Sure.  And then those peppers came home with us.  And the hubbie loved them.

 
Dear whatever magazine I saw these in...thank you.  This was our Sunday ice cream day.  Sunday ice cream day this week was a buffet of ubber deliciousness.   Of course we tried every single one.  Now Ben and Jerry always make a rockin' Peanut Butter, so I had to peg my favorites as a tie between the Hazed and Confused and Salted Caramel.  Next to the candies the little bro  has brought me from the drugstore, it was by far the best Salted Caramel goodness I have had to date.  I foresee myself dumping some magic shell on that.  Heaven people, just heaven.  (and these opinions are all my own, but if Ben and Jerry want to send me samples etc.  I am all in, hook me up boys).

Floating:  Come on everyone should know by now that if the weather is sunshiney that this girl wants to be in the boat on the water.

 
Little brother was out of town, so the hubbie and I were left to navigate all by ourselves. Plus I finally learned to drive the boat.  And the faster you go the easier it is.   We made it safely to the sandbar.

 
And someone has hung a dart board up out there...now we must go on a quest for floating darts.
 
 
Swagtime also meant that the hubbie got to play with his birthday present finally.
 
 
Yeppers that is a remote control boat.   Take note how to make a happy hubbie on his birthday and many days after buy him remote control toys.  Such as boats and planes.
 

 
Next we tested how far it could go out...pretty darn far.  All the way to the little white thing...would use the official name but trying to find the spelling of that turning into being a pain. 



Of course there is the point where someone decides it is time to venture homeward and get ready for the "gasp" work week
Yes that is the Say What, WTF, already face.
 
There you have my little weekend of festing, feasting, and floating.  Only approx. 3 1/2 more days to go until the next one.  So for now I will just be drowning myself in leftover ice cream.
 
Farewell loves
 


1 comment:

  1. I REFUSE to buy those ice creams because I know that I will become an addict

    ReplyDelete