Monday, June 23, 2014

Marathon Monday

 Time for my marathon Monday report out.  Taking you back to last weeks episode,  I was on the verge of changing my training plan.  4 days a week running is just too much for my old bones.  I did end up changing the plan.  Now I will be 3 days a week, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.  Much Better.
 
This whole change in the running plan resulted in some longer miles for me this last Tuesday.  6 to be exact.  Surprisingly it was no problem and I didn't even watch a TV show, strange just jammed and more then likely snag out loud on the treadmill.  I would take tips, but I don't need my feelings hurt.  Thursday was a tempo run. Not bad.  And my first actual tempo run in a long time.
 
Saturday was a long one....9 miles this week.  Decided that I will consistently be waking at 4 in the AM to get this stuff in.  So how was the run...it was like being in a horror movie.
 
Twas a cool and dreary morning as I set off on my run. Most of the world was still asleep.  A different way I took on this day.  There was a secret little garden on my path.  Hope to share a picture of this with you in the future.
Who would have known that coming up to mile 2 there would be a glare from a little gargoyle.

After that minor fright...there was once again the confirmation that a port o pottie was still on sight.

 Mile 4 found me running down the foggy desolate road.  Thankfully there were no creatures lurking as there has been on me in the past.
Mile 6 found me at abandoned home.  Well not quite it was protected by swooping, crazy little birds on the attack.  The cool fog laden air must have had all the birds a little crzy.  Crossed paths with some blue herons and their baby.  Thankfully they did not attack.  They were watching though.  Imagine the velociraptors in Jurassic Park, yeah stalking and creeping like that.  Poking their head out of the cornfield.  Creepy.

Mile 9 home I had arrived lucky to be lalive to be with my faithful little shit monkey all by my side.  And there you have ladies and gents, the story of how my long run went.
 
Until next week...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment