Monday, June 16, 2014

Marathon Monday

Hello...and with that you know I have survived another Saturday run or if you watch my instagram.

 Really I have nothing much exciting to report from the weeks runs.  This weekend my pace was still off argh.  Need to work on that. 

This being only my second weekend on my initial training planning, I was actually kind of hurting.  I have been an injured runner one to many times.  That list to date would be: a stress fracture, IT band issue and peroneal tendon problem.  After much thought, I have decided to change up the training plan and revert back to a 3 day a week running plan.   I will make it to my marathon and if that is what it takes so be it.   This morning was spent reworking the master plan.

Very happy that the mileage was only 6 miles this week.  I literally had to get up at the crack of dawn to get my mileage in before spending the day with my family.  With the pain and very, very early morning each step was a struggle...right up until the world graced me with the beautiful sunrise at mile 4.  And I remember why I love my morning runs...the stillness and watching the world wake.

Until next week loves....





No comments:

Post a Comment