Thursday, June 26, 2014

4th of July Alert, Call to attention

4th of July is right around the corner.  Like as in approximately one week.  Which means this is your last weekend to get your shit together whether it be stuff for going out of town or plans made.

On a normal year, I would be like no big deal to the fourth and it would float by like any other day in the year.  Because seriously how can you celebrate the fourth when you have to work the next day.  Work = Buzzkill.   This year we have been granted a three day weekend.  And I made mine into a four day and managed to book a cabin in the great north woods...Holler. 

Now let me move into hyperventilation mode about getting my stuff together. 

Decoration....needs to be kind of tacky but still a little classy.
 
  And of course there will be a few other details aka some that I can find or come across at a moments notice.

Food...this one is proving to be more dfficult.  Try to incorporate a red, white and blue theme into every meal.
aka looks like everyone is going to be eating a lot of fruit.
 
Clothes...yes clothes.  In some dark region of the space between my ears I got a stupid idea to attempt to be all patriotic in the clothes department.   Have you seen what is out there??  A few items were like oh yeah cute.  Looks like I will just work with the colors versus some crazy special shirt that would only work on the fourth (maybe).
 
 
And the numero uno accessory for any bbq....

Will be making an appearance. 
 
Now if anyone had any ideas on any of these items, please help a girl(s) out and leave me a comment below. Note next year red, white and blue will be a white girl holding a red wine under a blue blanket recalling the sanity she inflicted on herself the year before.
 
Let Freedom ring...
 

1 comment:

  1. Food is SOOO hard. Seriously - all fruit or cake. I love the clothes though!

    ReplyDelete