Monday, June 9, 2014

Marathon Monday

 
Here we are Monday...time for a little marathon Monday conversation.   This last weekends long run was 7 miles.  Being that I had only been running four miles outside on the weekends in May I was slightly scared.   My treadmill runs have topped out at 6.5 miles during the weeks of May.  There is clearly a difference between the treadmill and the outdoors.  Your joints take so much more of a pounding outside.  Knock on wood, there were no issues going from 4 to 7 outside.  The rest should be a piece of cake...at least that is what I am telling myself.
 
In my genius wisdom and as you can see above I have decided to take a selfie every 2 miles. Why? Because I get a water break and there is nothing more fun then watching someone slowly disintegrate as the miles tick on.  The car fish face was brought to you only because I kind of forgot the picture at mile 6.  
 
This last Saturday I had a running partner for part of my training run, the little bro's gf.  It was such a  nice relief and made the run much easier.  The goal on the long runs is slow.  While sitting there chatting the whole way, you really can't go fast or you couldn't talk.
 
And another little perk I discovered on my route Saturday was this...
Why yes a port a pottie.  Knock on wood I have never had any problems, but if it would happen I know where there is one for my utilization.  Runner problems.
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. YAY go you! I love seeing your Instagram running selfies- they always make me so happy and proud of you!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 miles is awesome!! I wish I could get into running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did 4 miles for the first time last night 7 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete