Thursday, February 27, 2014

Time to pack a bag

When the weather in Wisconsin happens to be...
There was no better of a time to realize that I had a trip booked to go see my mommie and daddie in Arizona.   They are "snowbirds".   When it starts to get cold they head south to bask in the sunshine for Arizona.  This was also going to be my first time traveling alone. 

Alrighty let's get to Arizona. This was easier said then done.  Turns out the night before my flight was due to leave the pilots were late getting into Milwaukee.  Before they could fly our plane, they needed a certain amount of rest.   Completely ok with that.  Totally sucked that I had to reschedule a whole bunch of flights which turned into an entire day of traveling.
Have coffee and a plane...just no pilots.  For a brief moment wanted to see if they might let me give it a shot.  Then realized it would not be in my best interest and browsed the shops at our local airport.  Look at what you can find there...
And for the record...you can not tip a cow.  They do not sleep standing up.  Plus cows are mean and when they get mad kind of scary, just sayin'.
Finally I was airborne.  Much to my dismay all that coffee and the long wait to get us into the air, (they had to deice the plane) I ended up using the plane bathroom.  First time ever.  It is tiny and scary.  Thankfully it does not smell like a port a pottie.
My arrival in Dallas was kind of rainy.  No sunshine yet.  Warmer at least.
Then I even got to go on a tram.  My last experience with a tram resulted in us almost losing Forest.  He kind of jumped the tram without waiting.  Thankfully he was smart enough to get off at the next stop.  Goodness I will never forget the image of him waving goodbye thru the window.  With so much time on my hands now waiting for the next plane, whats a girl to do but....
Cocktail and a burger

Waiting patiently for a plane

Kill additional time making stupid faces as you wait sending random ones to your husband so he can truly remember how beautiful you are and how much he already misses you (ha ha ha).  Then it was over the mountains and thru the woods...
To Los Angelos we go....
It seems so quiet and peaceful out this window.
  Next up was jumping a little puddle jumper to finally get to my mommie and daddie.
 
Oh my goodness I was so excited to fly over/see the Pacific ocean for the very first time ever!!!  Now I have this amazing yearning to explore Cali.

 
Yay!!!  Yuma I have arrived.

 
Finally after a very long delayed day of travel I made it to my mommie and daddie.  And this was the first time they took a "selfie".
 
And the concludes the end of day 1 basically, except for when I caught the end of the superbowl and went to bed.  Stay tuned for the much more exciting look what I saw portion of the trip
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment