Friday, February 14, 2014

Fitness Friday

Talk about missing last week.  I missed last week like nobodies business.  See there is thing that kind of happened called vacation.   This weeks installment will be bringing you two weeks of fitness fun.

First off I will say that my running shoes were packed with the full intent that I would run in Arizona.  Notice the key word of "intent".  Did that happen?  Not so much.   I did join my mommie two days for what I originally called "old lady fitness class". 

Old Lady Fitness Class.  My young bum strolls in there thinking it is going to be all easy and stuff.  Ha Ha.   They actually exercise to a video.   Now in this video you can amp it up to your fitness level.  Of course, I took it to a level.  What I thought was going to be an easy day in the park led to me having a glorious burning in my calves.  Yes it was glorious.  Kind of sadistic that way when it comes to exercise.  If it is sore, then I know I worked it.

And now info on the video, just in case you would like to mix it up.  Here is the link to the website: http://www.walkathome.com/.    In the video that we had you walk in "miles".  One thing is for certain, everybody in that vidoe definetly got a break at every mile.  Not like us ladies.  They were looking pretty all the time.  At least we know that we kicked it.

While I was in Arizona, we also took a hike in the wetlands area one day.  Yes, I said wetlands and Arizona in the same sentence.

And as it happened when I was growing up, we walked every night after dinner.  After the food we had while I was there it was definetly needed. So there you have it, I did "exercise" on my vacation.  Sorry, there was absolutely no calorie counting on vacation.

Coming back and getting in the groove this week though was rather difficult.  Decided I would ease into things.  Basically this week, my lazy bum has just been going on the elptical.  Plus back to tracking the calories.  Holler.

So let's see how things stack up... we are just going high level.

Hubbie - Goal Lose Weight (40-45lbs)
Weight Lost to date: 15lbs (he embraced my vacation time also and gained back a few pounds)

Forest - Goal Gain Weight/half marathon
Weight Gain to date: 0

Dawn - Goal Lose Weight/Lean up/Run a half marathon
Weight Lost to date: 5.5lbs  (oh yeah with all the crap I ate and the laziness, only one pound gained back)
Current Body Fat %: 23.4

And that is it for our Friday fitness recap.   Finally got thru my pictures also, so keep an eye for the vacation posts coming to the blog soon.



1 comment:

  1. You go, Dawn! I love how you always maintain a positive attitude!

    xo, Hima
    Hima Hearts

    ReplyDelete