Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Time to Work Out - March

Alright time to own up and see how the last month went on my little fitness path...insanity or whatever you would like to call this.  Last month I declared my defeat? Um no, change of mind on the dropping of the marathon to some halves, yes.  Now hold tight because this little month has decided to throw me yet another little monkey wrench.


Week 9 - All normal here, 3 run, 1 bike, and 2 lift days

Week 10 - 3 run, 1 bike and 2 lift days - Totally sucked on the weekend run.  Could not get my head in the game ended up deciding to run on the treadmill.

Week 11 - 2 run and 2 lift days. All runs went well this week.  My head was back in the game.   I changed up my lifting routine and now walking down steps was a pretty hilarious thing to watch.  This week I added in doing a dog walk Friday morning along with one of my dvds also. Let's review how that went down.

Jillian Michaels Yoga DVD is nothing like yoga! I felt like I was doing some fast paced exercises.  Note dog walking is not going to work. Those three mutts are pains in the butt. I can say carrying a 17lb chiweenie for like 4 blocks helped to build up my bicep. Damn the hubbie's schmellow.  Saturday of the week I missed my run, way to f'ing go. And the real icing on the shitcake for the week...

My hopes of the spring half are slowly pulling away from me.  Not because of the training parts. It is the family obligation that presented itself.  My sons prom the night before...a spring half may not be in the cards.  We shall see though, after all how bad could running 13 miles on about 4 hours of sleep be.   No one ever really said I was sane.


Week 12 -  To date since we are mid-week 12.  1 lift and 2 run days. Sunday I got an unintentional work out in...which would be plunging the basement wash tub or holding one of the plungers while the husband plunged the other side of the sink.  Maybe I will start a new fitness trend called Plumber fitness, but there will be no ass cracks allowed.  Pull those drawers up boys and girls.

Now since momma likes her sleep I have also instituted nightly dog walking.  Because that whole walking Friday morning shit isn't happen every again. Which happened for the first time last night....and my little man made it until the alarm went off.  Today was a change up in the "speed work out portion of the half training.  Yes, even with what I said prior, I am still keeping up with the training (just in case).  Based on the new speed workout, I hit a new treadmill PR for my 5k time, which was sandwiched in between about a 1 1/2 miles of  "easy" pace.  Holler...and I am still singing "I'm and albatross". 

 
Oh yeah...you got it.  And if you are curious to why there are cute animals scattered about the post, every post needs pictures and they are cute, HELLO!
 
Until next month....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment