Monday, March 16, 2015

Ghosts of Weekends Past

It is Monday...stating the obvious, I guess. Sadly I am coming into Monday feeling slightly discombobulated from the weekend versus my oh yeah bring on the new week.

Saturday for the most part was kind of shitacular. Was not feeling my run and even with the nice weather, I decided screw it...I will run on the treadmill and watch a movie. Needless to say my tablet decided to be a little pain in the arse and I only made it an hour into the movie. 

Then I went to my least fave place on the planet aka Walmart for a pooper scooper.  You know it is the spring thaw around here and my yard was literally turning into a cesspool of shit.  Hey guess what Walmart doesn't carry by us...a pooper scooper.  Thank you for solidifying your position on my least liked list.  The hubbie ran to our local hardware store and grabbed one.  Many hands make for light work and the yard was cleaned in an hour.

Afternoon found me catching up on some work before we took the kids to there surprise outing a Badger Hockey game.  Our house loves colleges hockey.

Oh yeah selfie with bucky
 
We were 2-3 rows up from the glass...and it was absolutely awesome watching people get slammed into it.  Plus watching people jump when a puck hit.


 
And then before the third period the little ones came out.
 
Sadly the Badgers lost, but we had a blast.  Now to schedule next years hockey game.  Afterwards we also hit the Nitty Gritty for burgers.  Oh and I had this absolutely glorious chocolate nutella milk shake.  In love I was.
 
Sunday morning...cleaning, shopping, and an endless pile of laundry this week. Plus I argued with my geocaching Garmin...and I won! By the time this was all finished...it was time to get ready for the steppie's wrestling banquet.  I am going to say that I was disappointed.  We paid $13 for a plate of baked chicken and spaghetti.  There were no drinks included, so you were left to pay $2 for a soda at the bar.  No alcohol was being served either, which after listening to one of the coaches make the same point over and over about 6 times, I can see why.  Plus it was hot and they did a crap job at refilling the plastic (yes I said plastic cups for $13 a plate) with water.  
 
And the awards portion...hello let's get with the program of not everyone needs an award...I do not care if you puked in a bucket or are one of the biggest flirts on the team.  Yes, the team flirt award went to about 7 people while 4 people got a puker award.  Let's get real and give awards to the best of the best only....plus instead of calling each award, just call up a kid say a few nice words and list the awards they got.  It was constant stream of kids doing up downs...and one kid was basically publicly embarrassed because he was in the bathroom.
Any who ha...here is the steppie with her certifcates.
 
Thankfully this thing finished up in time, so we could make it home to watch Shameless because that is what Sundays are for...and putting away wash, which I will be doing today instead. On that note...I am out of here...enjoy the week
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment