Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Emily Ley Simplified Planner


This has been a long time in the coming. My decision to wait so long came after the conclusion I had to give the planner(s) that I had selected a good test to see if it truly fit me.

 When it comes to scheduling and notes, I am still a pen and paper kind of girl. My planner is basically my bible.  Thoughts, ideas, possible events, to do's, you name it, it all starts in my planner before it hits the main house calendar or anyone's Google calendar.  Within the last year, I was on a quest for more of a "me" planner.  The 2014 planner was the "Mom's Plan It".  I used the "Mom's Plan-It" for years and it was always good to me except the time came where my life outgrew it.  You see the "Mom's Plan It" is great for parents who need to keep track of  younger children to tweens. Now our tribe each has their own things going on and places to be, yet our family still needs to coordinate it all, so on the quest for a planner I went.

Last year, I stumbled upon the Emily Ley Simplified Planner except I originally ran into one problem, it was a daily version.  Well behold later in 2014 she came out with a weekly edition for 2015.   I stalked the website for the release date and by the start of 2015 I had it in my hands.  Please join me on my little walk thru....everyone hold hands and stick together.

The size of the planner is: 9" x 10".  The cover is hard and sturdy coils hold everything together.  The corners are protected with beautiful gold metal that compliments the gold foiling on the front cover.  Upon opening you will find the standard first page, plus the front cover has a pocket for papers.  If you are anything like me, that pocket is a must.

 
Also in the front, there is a section that lists the 2015 holidays and Miss Emily Ley's motto.
 
 
Moving on you will find the 2015 at a glance calendar along with a 2015 Bucket List. I love the bucket list page for my yearly goals, trips etc.
 
 
There is a tab to get you to each monthly section.  Each month section starts off with the calendar for the month.  There is a small section for notes on the left side. 


Now looking a little closer at the month view, you are also treated to a quote for the month.  Plus there are smaller calendars of the month prior and the next month.


After the month section, you move onto to the weekly portion of the month.  There is a place to list appointments plus a spot where you can list to do's on Monday thru Friday. Saturday and Sunday there is a spot just to put appointments.  And lastly for each day is a section where you can write your menu for that day.


The purple lines that you see on the page were added by me.  I felt I needed a little more division within the page.

Finally let's get to the verdict...drum roll please.....it was not for me.  Being that it was the first version coming from a company that really focused on a daily planner, I thought they did a great job.  I will be interested to see the changes that they made for this next weekly planner version.

The downsides:
  •    I prefer a master to do list for my week, not one on each individual day
  •    No divider lines between the days
  •    No little monthly calendar on the weekly spread for me to refer too
  •    No quote on the weekly spread (they have these on the daily pages in the daily planner)
The Awesomeness:
  • Sturdy cover
  • Monthly View
  • Pockets on the cover
  • Goal/Bucket list

Even though this version was not for me I will be waiting to see what changes are made in their second version.  If you are interested though...and this is the golden egg you were looking for or are looking for some other fun things (because she has some other cute organizing things, and I love her free Sunday checklist printable) head over to the website:   Emily Ley Simplified Planner


And stay tuned for the next holy banana jammers I need to try this planner review...
 


ps...if you have any planners that I must check out, please let me know in the comments...because hello I am an addict.




1 comment:

  1. I love the bucket list! Most of the rest of it wouldn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete