Monday, March 9, 2015

Ghosts of Weekend Past

Can someone say heck to the yeah.  I finally had a weekend where I wasn't obligated to be anywhere.  Sometimes you just need one of those...plus it was sunshiney outside and not cold for a change.  Spring is on the horizon people.

Friday actually found me getting out of work at reasonable hour.  There was music at one of the local bars plus it was Friday...so needless to say we had some fish fry and listen to some fun music.
Find out more about Brett Newski. While you are over there, check out the "Don't be a wanker" t-shirt.  To Fun.

Onto Saturday....due to getting out of work at a reasonable hour on Friday, I had to get some work done Saturday morning.  Now when you do it at home, sometimes you need to look for help....

bring on Little Man.  He is very particular about his work environment and requires a pillow for back support and a blanket so he does not slip off the chair. 
 
After that we were off to shop at Menards for light bulbs and a water filter...which turned into a door lock, plates and bowls, pricing out fencing, looking at random camper crap.
Then finding the above floating device for a cooler.  This hopefully will come in super handy for our little kayak excursion we have planned this year.
 
Next up was one of my fave things to do when we have to BD on a Saturday...mid-day appetizers and cocktails.  So I tried my first Moscow Mule and not impressed.  Not sure what I was expecting.
 
Full bellies and off we were to Fleet n Farm, where the hubbie bought himself a new lawn tractor.  I would have a picture of the lawn mower...but someone refused to sit on it and look like the excited kid in the candy store.  Pooper.

Later in the evening I went and picked up the puppie niece, Ava Monster.
She is getting so big.  Pretty soon I won't be able to pick her up.  Plus she thinks that she is like 8 inches tall still...so she is a walking disaster, knocking things over, thinking she can still fit under the kitchen chairs, and that she needs to be a lap dog.  Little man and her though play like crazy together...which is glorious. 

Pictures from the puppie palace and the hubbie desperately trying to ignore the shitshow that is going on all around him.

Since I had dog duty...and when the auntie is around the puppies can pretty much do what they want.  The crabbie bitch, Winnie, wanted to sleep in her daddies bed, but we comprised and she got to sleep in her carrier in the house until I came the next morning.  For being such a crabbie girl...she is an awesome dog.
 
24 hours people...this took me basically 24 hours.

Opening my brand new tent and setting it up in the living room, of course.  I have been crushing over this Kelty for a year...and Sierra Trading post had a great deal...so boom, bought it.  Now I have my solo backpacking tent.  I got the two person version since I am usually with a dog, like to stretch out, and yes, I put my pack in the tent with me.
 
The hubbie was kind enough to make sure I was awake...because give me a pillow, wrap me in a blanket, put me in a tent, and I am on my way to sleepy heaven.  Pretty much like this....

Little Man post Ava Monster play time.
 
Sunday Funday....let the dogs out. 

This would be the Winnie being stubborn.  Or her way of explaining to me that she is not getting in the outside kennel.   A treat or two later and I won.
 
After that it was time for the meat market, grocery shopping, laundry, weekly dinner prep....and I kicked some butt on my projects in the afternoon.    Kids scrapbooks are basically up to date...just a few little words to create, print and apply. The Arizona Collage is done and hung.
 
The weather in Wisconsin is starting to turn around...and this last weekend left me refreshed and ready to go this week. How was yours and are you ready to rock this week?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment