Sunday, January 4, 2015

Where we came and what to do with this year...

As the credits roll on another year of moments, it can be rather bittersweet.  Bittersweet are the goodbyes yet what we gained has only created a more whole individual of ourselves.

I have seen quite a bit come of my family over the last year.  Watched the littles become potty trained, more confident in the water, and of course, their own personalities shine thru even more. While the little brother, I have seen find a sense of comfortableness in being on his own after coming out of a long term relationship.   The hubbie has discovered a comfort level within his job.  Our teens have had huge gains thru the year.  Forest has gotten a license, a job, went to a summer camp, and experienced his first break up.  The steppie has taken on the world of high school and all the experiences it has to offer.   It is amazing where everyone has went, what they have done and the discoveries that they had made of themselves.  I love being privileged enough to view this.

My own portion of the year of my moments could be summed up in one word: Strength.  It came to me one day while I was running, of course.   The amount of strength I have had over this year.   I traveled on my own for the first time.  During these travels experienced delays and the whole deal and still made it...on my own.  I finished a marathon...holler.  That taught me so much about myself and overcoming myself.  I have had some great adventures.  It will be sad to see 2014 go, but I can be sure I will be taking the strength that I learned with me.

There is the blank page that comes ahead awaiting us to grab the crayons and markers and draw upon what we want this to become.  What we want to become of ourselves in the new year. Without further hesitation, let's bring on our new year goals and memories to be made...

Little Man - To not shit in the house : no more eating walls, couch cushions or the littles toys
Bullet - Catch the UPS man and mail man
Forest - Run 1/2 and full marathon : no late or missing assignments
Hubbie - Finish the basement
Steppie - No more retakes : Get some muscle
Charlie - Take over the world and expand his business
Myself - Try and take a new fitness class : Run a 1/2 and full marathon : Backpack a new place : No more nail polish : Read 2 more books : Travel to a new destination : Better organize the house : Random good moment everyday : Ensure we celebrate and have family time : Try some new restaurants

Now to get started...that is half battle.  Wish us luck as we conquer our goals and make some awesome memories for the year.  And to my readers, may you achieve everything you hoped for and more in the coming year.



No comments:

Post a Comment