Monday, January 19, 2015

Family Fun and then some...

Did you ever just have one of those I feel like I was really lazy weekends, but then realize you actually did quite a bit. 

Friday night found us with some time to kill before picking up the steppie from her meet. So since cooking was the very last thing on my brain, I talked the hubbie into checking out a sports bar one town over for some appetizers.
 
Those things next to the celery were chicken "wings".  Like the biggest chicken wings I have ever seen in my life.   At first, when we arrived I was little off about the price.  Once the food came it was like holler lookie what I got for my dollar.  Needless to say our "appetizers" also became lunch the next day. 
 
Saturday morning I completely slummed around the house until I figured out I better get off my rear and do some errands.  Then I found some time to get the rest of the kitchen organization done.  Hold tight the big reveal shall be gracing the interwebs soon.
 
On another note though I deemed it would be the perfect day to rock the "Chuck" sweater.
 
Oh yeah check out the resemblance there.  They are both so creepy it is awesome.  And I found that glorious sweater on clearance at Jcpenney.
 
After all that it was time to get cooking for our family night.  Chili for dinner and crockpot white chocolate caramel hot cocoa.  Oh no need to fret the hot cocoa recipe shall  be gracing the blog shortly also.
 
The evening found ourselves at the Horicon Marsh nighthike.  It is an annual event close to home that has became a little tradition.
 
This year I even took time out to make a craft.
 
 
Now if that isn't the best star you have ever seen. 
 
The trails are lit up with luminaries and half way out on the hike there is also a person who lectures about owls.  The trail total is about a 1 1/2 miles, which with the lack of snow this year was pretty easy.  The weather was even above freezing making for a balmy walk.
 


And it wouldn't be complete without a bonfire.  They also have two smaller fires to the side where kids (or grown kids) can roast up some marshmallows.
 
After all that excitement we headed back home for hot chocolate and movies.  Now the movies were extra awesome...we are not talking your standard every day run of the mill movies we are talking.....
 
Oh yeah classic 80's movies kind of awesome.  We introduced the kiddos to the young Val Kilmer and the two Coreys. The verdict was they liked "Real Genius" and the other was ok.  Later the hubbie pointed out that we watched a "good" movie and guess what there was no nudity. 
 
Sunday led to the normal...cleaning, groceries, family dinner and oh yeah that little thing called football. You know the game where our Packers decided to take a nap and will no longer be going to the superbowl.
 
All in all a weekend that could have used just one more day...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment