Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Welcome Home Weekend

Oh my glorious weekend, how I miss you so.  Someone needs to write a letter or something and get it changed to 3 days.  Two for fun and one for rest.
 
Saturday morning, I found myself watching to little goobers.  We watched the ducks out the window.  Talk about crazy.  I never realized until that morning that some of those can stay under water for a very long period of time.  Plus swim underwater almost half way across the river.  Of course, I had breakfast with the early riser.  Applejacks.  Like one of my fave cereals, ever.
 

And now does the next picture look familiar.  My parents with my Arizona hotel arrived back home.  Quite honestly not sure why.  Well they said they missed us, but come on people it is still bloody cold here.  You may have had to pull my arm (yeah not so much), but I would have gladly went to visit them.
 And I had my first official Leroy meat brat fry of the year!!!
 
Now Saturday evening there was no way we could let mom cook on her first night back.  So it was family roadtrip to Benvenuto. 
 
We had way more food then we knew what to do with.  Plus we experienced "italian" nachos.  I foresee these making it to my menu sometime in the future.

 
And now Saturday later in the evening...was the final four.  GO BADGERS.  And I loved that my son's Sports Illustrated had the badgers gracing the cover.

Glimpses of our evening shenigans.  First off, how many bars do you go to where someone parks their tractor out front?

Now the extra bonus to the bar was that they serve my favorite cocktail.  Hello smirnoff cranberry and lime. Holler, glorious.  Plus we ran into one of the spelling bee champs.

Here you have the hubbie and I in a moment of celebration before the Badgers got beat by 1 stinken point.  Yes, 1, numero uno, one, point.  Boo.  Oh well, On WISCONSIN!
 
Now Sunday was just a chill day hanging out in the sack.  And we bought this grill....both charcoal and gas.  The hubbie is in love.  Well that was after the task of putting the thing together for like 3 hours.
 
 And to my happiness and dismay.  Yes dismay, since I feel like I gained 5lbs from this event.   The Ice Cream Station is open for the year again.  This would be ooey goey...and it is a dark chocolate ice cream with brownie bites.  It might have been heaven.

 
And that would be the weekend that was....
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment