Friday, April 18, 2014

Ready set Time for the Bunny Hop

Easter. I may or may not have decided that I hate easter.  This year I totally failed on the whole lent concept. Note I am shifting blame to my dear work friend, who I no longer work in the same department with, to keep an eye on me.  Sorry if this whole not fond of Easter thing finds you rather crabbie at me, you should realize that by the end of this post we probably will discover the answer or a reason for me to love Easter deep in the depths of the black hole called my brain.

 Could it possibly be because the kids are older, aka teenagers, and no longer find the fun joys of the Easter bunny. So really buying this and getting that for Easter just seems like a daunting task. I do still have the two little goobers to buy for. Which in that case Easter does provide the chance for me to have a legit excuse as to why I am buying them something else yet again. That is always a win.

The parents are here this year for Easter. So we will be having an official easter dinner...which really just translates to a normal Sunday family dinner with more work.  Of course, not work for me though for my mommie this time, ha ha.  More work due to the fact that she will be making turkey and all the fixings, which is clearly not a common place in the house. We will just disregard that she has tasked me to make the hard boiled eggs. Seriously this is a stressful task for me.  My fear of f'ing up a whole dozen eggs pushes me close to the edge.

 My neverending gratefulness for hard boiled egg making just seems to overflow.  First off I seriously think I am not very good at it. Second probably most important is that there are three people in my family who absolutely love deviled eggs; the little bro, the hubbie, and the forest.  Now as everyone knows eggs make people stinky and 2 of the 3 lovers of eggs live in my house.  With the frigid temperatures and inability to open a window I may just die. May I receive a gas mask for Easter.

  Speaking of things dying. I may have hinted to the nephews that we should hunt down the Easter bunny, steal his candy and have him for dinner. (Remember some people do eat rabbit) My moo thought it was a good idea, Cooper not so much.  I mean look at this.  Kind of creepy when you look at it like this.  Saw one in the mall the other day and I was like freaked out.  Creepy.
bunny 
Cooper shouldn't worry though this is not like Santa. The Easter bunny does not watch you like a creeper(even though it may look like one), you still will get candy and treats.  Candy, thats it. The numero uno reason I love easter!
 
Dear bunny, I take back what I said. Bring me some cadbury creme eggs and hershey mini eggs, like now.  Please.  For those two reasons alone plus spoiling the two littles we can continue with easter. Hoppy Easter!
 
Since we discovered the love of bunnies.  Let's take some time for some serious bunny love. 

Yeppers those are some super cute little baby bunnies.

For those who are worried about us handling the bunnies, the mommie will still care for the littles.  We ensured that they were all back in the nest snug as little bugs in a rug for us to sneak peeks and watch them grow up to be the Easter bunny (you know the one who brings me cadbury creme eggs) someday.
 
Now let the Easter celebrations and overindulgence in chocolate begin.   Hoppy Easter my Peeps!
 

ps: this is in no way related to any religious aspects of Easter, just random other points that have no rhyme or reason. As in we try to steer clear of all things religion in this little region of the blogwold.  So no offense, ok.  Please indulge in a bowl of jellybeans like stat.  It's the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment