Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blowing it Like it's no One's Business

It happens people, more often than one would like to admit.  You inadvertently blow it.  Generally this happens during the oh so necessary trip to Target.  They should put a sign on the door that says hope you have $100 bucks or extreme will power, good luck.   It is absolutely inevitable that I blow at least $100 whenever I go there.  Thankfully (or really not) there is not one close to home.  Going to a Target it like a mini vacation.  Hence going on said mini vacation completely justifies dropping a nice wad of cash.

Now this brings me to what this post is about…blowing an amazing amount of cash at Target.  Now there is something you can do to lessen the blow to the wallet, in which said savings could possible justify that cute pillow that you have to have, and that is Target couponing.  Honestly I am not a huge couponer (is that a word), just takes way to much time, thought and patience. You know there are better things to do.  Like reading a blog, which would tell you how to target coupon the “easy” way.  Tra La La…thank you Kaitlyn over at Wifessionals for that blog post.  Check it out. How to Extreme Coupon Basics

To some that bad ass post up (the Target section anyway), use manufacturer's coupons (newspapers/online), a Target coupon printed from their website, and the cartwheel app.  You get extra bonus if the item you are shopping for is on sale in the circular.  No idea what the cartwheel app is…google that bad boy.  It is a life changer. Not only can you pre look items up with it, you can scan the barcode of everything you put in the cart and it will tell you if there is an “electronic coupon” for you.  Completely thanking the cashier for that little tid bit.

Now let’s see how I did since it was the first time it was kind of half ass.

What I did do:

·         Went on line to Target to print coupons when available for items on my list

·         Attempted to look up items on the cartwheel app prior to going (use cashier tip above, much easier)

·         Used my red card

Didn’t do

·         Have manufacturers coupons

Here are the savings:

·         Cartwheel App  $5.42

o   What I will do on the future is scan the items when I add them to the cart for coupon checking

·         Coupons  $27.00

o   Got lucky and scored some additional coupons, my cashier was the bombed

·         Gift Card addition for one of my purchases $10

·         Red Card Savings $17

Overall Bill would have been $410.64 and I paid $351.90

Savings 14%

 
Not too bad for feeling like I didn’t have it together.  Was it easy, yes?   Will it be easier the next time? Most definitely.   No fear my non-couponers.  Target couponing easy as pie highly recommended.

Scared keep the eye on the prize, or pillow or adorable shirt that you just need or the amazingly cute lip gloss.  Good luck loves on your bargain hunt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment