Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekend Shenigans

Oh Monday, you just had to show your ugly face again.  Weekends really should be one more day.  Of course the minute they give you one more day, you need another and another.  Then pretty soon you wouldn't be working at all.  Which would be just fine if someone was stilling paying me my current salary with annual raises.  Since this is not the case, our weekends are two days and it is Monday. 

Now time to wrap up the two days called the weekend.  Saturday = shopping.  This girl is not a black friday shopper. And let me tell you, I think that this whole starting black Friday crap on Thursday is a bunch of BS.   Wasn't the whole point to get up really early (or leave the bar) and go stand in line at like 3:00 in the morning.  Which at that time would put you right behind the people who decided that winter camping in Best Buys parking lot is like the most awesome thing ever. Genius they are.  Because unlike people who decided to roll out there at 3:00 in the morning, the overnight campers were nice and toasty prepared for the elements.  Thats why the major rush for the door people.  Not the great tv deal.  People are just tired of standing out there freezing their hinders off.  Running equals warmth.  Anyways, not a black Friday shopper. And quite honestly I hate, loathe going into any stores between now and Chrismas.  Master plan for Saturday was to get all the shopping done I needed to enable me to not go into a store until January. Yes, January.

The wrinkle in my master plan of a quiet shopping trip.  Deer hunter widows. Yep.   Completely forgot while the boys head to the north woods, the ladies go out and spend the money.  Not as crazy as black Friday, but ranks right up there.  I survived though. 

Since I basically spent from 9:00 in the morning until 3:00 in the afternoon shopping you would think that there was going to be some amazing haul pictures. Nope sorry.  Number One...a few peoples'  (is that a word) Christmas presents were purchased during the trip.  Number 2...do you really need to see the amazing amount of toilet paper I purchased to last us until January.  Yeah, there are a lot of boys in the house.  They poop. Not like us ladies. Poop free the way to be. 

A couple if gems I did find though:


Sorry to disappoint they did not come home with me.  The hubbie was just gave a "no".  And then a new drool item.
Look at all that warm fuzziness going on there.
 
Then there was getting behind like the slowest truck on the planet on the way home.


Sunday.  Can you feel the fire. Whoot.  Family day at the movies.  Went to see Catching Fire.  Super exciting.  It was exactly like the books. Loved it.  Can not wait for Mockingjay.  Also attempted to embrace my inner Katniss with some funky eye makeup. 

 
People may think I am crazy, but whatever.  Given the opportunity to theme out...I am in.

Afterwards a last minute decision to hit La Tapatia.  One of our fave mexican restaurants.  It was so crazy.  Main goal of the evening was to get the little bro's gf to spit margarita.  Of course, I was the poor soul sitting across from her.  Thankfully (I guess) it did not occur.  Then at some point in the evening we decided that a pitcher of margarita would be a good idea. Did I mention it was Sunday. We're geniuses.  Tequila equals love.

Margarita though led to a very rough Monday for me.  At some point, I decided it would be a great idea to run on Monday mornings.  Let's just say, I stepped on the treadmill hungover going "hell yeah let's do this". Positive attitude people.  No better way to cure it then to sweat it out right.  Everyone knows that smelling the tequila that you overindulged on at mile 2-6 is the greatest thing on the planet.  Or even better, your body letting you taste chimis again.  Oh yeah pure joy.  You have the brief moment of I will never do that again.  Key word there brief.  Given the opportunity, I am in.

And I can not forget to mention that I some point during the weekend the hubbie worked very hard on his list to Santa.  Found this hanging on the fridge.


There you have it another crazy weekend checked off and in the record books.

Adios amigos, Dawn Marie

Linking up with:
Sami's Shenanigans






No comments:

Post a Comment